- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Engineering Department
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
- Presidential Search
If your goal is to obtain a degree or certificate from JCC:
- Follow the “How to Apply” steps for Admission
- Apply for Financial Aid, even if you are only taking one or two courses or you do not think you qualify. There are numerous options for financial assistance.
- Review the JCC Programs of Study and make a note of the courses required to complete your desired program. If you know what field you are interested in but not sure what program will help start you in that right direction, or you are unsure what program you want, a career counselor in the Advising Center can help you.
- Preview the class schedule to get a general idea of the classes available to you
- Upon completion of all admissions steps (including placement testing) you will be asked to complete our online Pre-Advising and Registration (PAR) module, which will provide information that will better prepare you for your advising and registration session. This module can be accessed from the LaunchPad area of the MyJCC student portal.
- Directions for scheduling your advising and registration session will be provided at the conclusion of the PAR module.
- During your advising and registration session you will be able to discuss your educational and career goals with an advisor, review your degree requirements and academic policies and receive assistance with the selection of appropriate classes.
If you live more than 60 miles from campus, we can also schedule a phone (315-786-2271) or email (email@example.com) appointment.
Registration periods open per the schedule below:
Summer semester: Late-March
Fall semester: Late-May
Winter and Spring semesters: Early November
Remember, you can contact the Advising Center at any time during the process, if you have any questions about degree programs or registering.
While preparing for your Advisement/Registration appointment remember to:
- Review our Important Registration Dates
- View your Degree Requirements
- Search our Schedule of Classes
- View Course Descriptions
- Be aware of Financial Aid Guidelines
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
Other helpful links:
- Credit for Prior Learning Experiences
- AP and CLEP Credit Awards
- Applications and Forms
- How to Register Online
- Degree Audit Video Tutorial
- Accessing the myJCC Portal
Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 registration opens
Registration for winter session online classes closes at 5:00 PM
Winter session online classes begin
Winter session on campus classes begin
Registration for spring session full and early session online classes closes at 5:00 PM
Spring full and early session classes begin