- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Advisory Council
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Accessing Applications Separately
Many of the applications available through MyJCC can also be accessed individually but require logging in separately. MyJCC is the best place to get access to the applications and information but you may want to bookmark the applications. Below is a list of each application with a brief description.
Blackboard is an interactive, virtual extension of the campus community. It is used for a wide variety of campus functions including instruction and training. Your login ID for Blackboard is the same as your JCC Username. Please note: If you have questions or problems in your online course, please call the OpenSUNY Helpdesk at 1-800-875-6269.
To login to Blackboard:
- In the Login Name field, type your Username. (Your Username is the same as the username for logging into the campus network. It is the first initial of your first name, your last name, and the month and day of your birthday. For example, Jane Doe born May 6, 1986 has an ID of jdoe0506.)
- Press the tab key to move to thePassword field and type your password. (Your initial password is your six-digit birthdate. For example, if your birthday is June 8, 1986, your PIN would be 060886.)
- Click the Login button.
What is SOAR and How Do I Use It?
SOAR stands for Secure Online Access to Records. You can access SOAR from anywhere you have Internet access. SOAR offers a secure view of information such as your Jefferson Community College academic records; final grades each semester; advisor; unofficial transcripts; and financial aid information. You will also use SOAR to register online, change your personal information (such as your address), and input your work hours (if you are employed at JCC). Most importantly, you have online access to your personal Degree Audit. This Degree Audit will help you and your academic advisor to monitor your progress toward meeting degree requirements at JCC. You are expected to regularly consult with your academic advisor for guidance in course selections and other academic matters.
How to Login to SOAR Directly
- Click Login to SOAR
- Read the login directions.
- Click in the User ID field, and type your UserID (NOTE: This is the only application where your UserID is different. It is your J number).
- Press the TAB key to move to the PIN field, and type your PIN (Your initial PIN is your six-digit birthdate. For example, if your birthday is June 8, 1986, your PIN would be 060886.) Your initial pin has an expiration date so you should change it as soon as possible.
- Click the Login button.
JCC provides each student enrolled in credit classes with a CannonMail account. This account is yours throughout your career at JCC and beyond (as long as you would like to keep it.) We have contracted with Microsoft to host CannonMail. As a result, additional features are available to you such as a personal calendar, a OneDrive, (personal online storage space for your files) and virtual meeting space.
To login in to your email account:
- Click in the Windows Live ID field, and type your email address. (Your email address is the first initial of your first name, your last name and the month and day of your email@example.com. For example, Jane Doe born May 6, 1986 has an email address of firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tab to the password field, and type your password. (Your initial password is your six-digit birthdate. For example, if your birthday is June 8, 1986, your PIN would be 060886.) Your initial password has an expiration date so you should change it as soon as possible.
Along with email, you are provided personal disk space to store your documents and access them anywhere you can get to the Internet. You can also make the documents available to certain groups and to the public. Your OneDrive is available once you log into your Cannonmail.
In addition to email and the OneDrive, you also have a personal calendar and other free “live” applications, including live chat and collaboration tools.
What are the benefits of CannonMail?
- Significantly increased email storage (10 gb of storage is available for your use)
- OneDrive - Storage space of up to 7 gb for you to save your files and access them from anywhere you have Internet access. Your files are private and only you can view them, but you have the option to make them available to a group (that you define) or to the public.
- Calendar - A personal calendar for you to maintain you appointments, share with others, and schedule meetings
- Automatic Anti-Spam and Virus protection
- Access to Office Workspace, with 5 gb of space for shared project work
- Recognition and credibility using your CannonMail address – especially when contacting JCC offices and your professors who need to verify it’s you they’re emailing (proof of identity)
- Ability to search your messages and inbox
- Ability to synchronize contacts and calendars with Windows Mobile and iPhone systems
- Getting Started with Outlook on the Web
- How do I manage messages?
- How do I work with Contacts?
- Supported Browsers