Home / About JCC / College Directory / College Departments / Title IX / What to do if you are being harassed
- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Engineering Department
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
What to do if you are being harassed?
If you are being sexually harassed, you are already aware of how humiliating, embarrassing or frightening an experience it can be. There are steps you can take to bring an end to sexual harassment.
- Do not ignore the sexual harassment.
- Tell or write the person who's harassing you to STOP. It may not always be clear to your harasser that the behavior is unwelcome. If you're able, tell the person directly--or write in a letter--that you don't like his or her behavior and that you want it to stop. In a situation where you are afraid to address a harasser directly, you'll need to involve college officials.
- Talk to someone you trust about how you're feeling. Friends, a trusted teacher, siblings and parents can all be helpful in giving you support as well as ideas for how to stop the harassment.
- Keep a record of what happened and when. Include dates, times, places, names of persons involved and witnesses, and who said what to whom.
- Inform campus security, the Counseling Center or College Title IX Coordinator that you are being sexually harassed. The College has a legal responsibility to respond to sexual harassment of its students.
Title IX Resources
- Make a Report
- Title IX
- Title IX Coordinator
- Information for Transgender Students
- It's On Us
- Options for Disclosing Sexual Violence
- Affirmative Consent
- SUNY Sexual Violence Response Resources
- Sexual Violence Prevention Program
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Sexual Violence Response Procedures
- Alcohol and/or Drug Amnesty Policy
Students' Bill of Rights