- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Who is the Title IX Coordinator?
The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for oversight of:
Notification and Education:
- Dissemination of educational materials
- Coordinating training for students and employees about their rights under Title IX
- Receive and process inquires and complaints of alleged discriminatory behaviors that are in violation of Title IX.
- Review Title IX cases that received in other offices. Partner with the following offices to safeguard students rights and responsibilities:
- Health Office
- Human Resources
Examine and review of all Jefferson Community College internal practices related to all aspects of Title IX; remain abreast of current state and federal laws as it relates to Title IX; implement best practices utilized by other institutions.
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance..."
20 U.S.C. § 1681
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits discrimination based on gender in educational programs which receive federal financial assistance. Programs and activities which may be included are: admissions, recruitment, financial aid, academic programs, athletics, housing and employment. Title IX also protects male and female students from unlawful sexual harassment in college programs and activities.
For information, counseling, or to file a complaint of discrimination or harassment on the basis of sex, which includes sexual violence, sexual assault, and sexual harassment, contact:
Title IX Coordinator
Administration Building Office 1-103
Phone: (315) 786-2418