- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
This page was updated on September 16, 2016
Executive Director - College Foundation
Executive Director – College Foundation
Jefferson Community College, Watertown, NY, part of the State University of New York (SUNY) System seeks a highly motivated, innovative candidate with outstanding fundraising and advancement expertise to lead the College’s Foundation.
The Executive Director of the College Foundation is responsible for the preparation and management of an overall comprehensive fundraising plan, short and long term strategy, and action plans in order to meet the goals determined by the College President and Foundation Board. This will be accomplished through an array of strategies including, but not limited to solicitation and cultivation of major donors, foundations, corporate support and mentor volunteers, annual campaigns, events and other fundraising.
Master’s Degree and 7 years fundraising experience or Bachelor’s degree and 10 years fundraising experience.
- Experience fundraising as a successful major gift officer, including in-depth knowledge of and experience in all aspects of fundraising, donor and volunteer relations, and development including principles, concepts, techniques and procedures.
- Significant experience in managing a personal portfolio of major gift prospects with a proven track record of donor development.
- Experience working with board members in setting fundraising strategy and accomplishing annual fundraising goals.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in the conception, design, implementation, and evaluation of effective fund raising programs, donor cultivation and solicitation strategies and techniques to strategically develop and drive ideas from conception to completion.
- Experience in online giving and social media outlets.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting predetermined goals and objectives, including securing gifts and meeting fundraising objectives.
- Excellent strategic planning, critical thinking, analytical and persuasion/negotiation skills.
- Superior presentation and interpersonal skills and the capacity to inspire and motivate prospective individual donors and volunteers.
- Excellent leadership/management skills, including skills to select, train, mentor, motivate and evaluate all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationship within all organizational levels and with outside constituencies.
- Successful experience in capital campaigns and planned and major gifts strongly preferred.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) Certification preferred.
To Apply: Send completed JCC employment application, cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references to: Human Resources Office, Jefferson Community College, Department #20, 1220 Coffeen Street, Watertown, New York 13601-1897, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
JCC is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action institution.