- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Animal Management
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Association Board
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Detailed Job Description - Accountant
Reports To: Comptroller
Type of Appointment: Grade 3, 12-months
Staff Reporting to this Position: None
Required: Bachelor’s Degree required with concentration in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration and a minimum of three (3) years accounting/auditing experience.
- Experience in government and/or education fund accounting and auditing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Familiarity with complex integrated accounting systems which include A/R, A/P, purchasing, fixed assets and student information systems.
- Excellent accounting, budgeting, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Commitment to team approach and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
Provide accounting support to the Comptroller. Assist in the routine daily accounting and banking functions.
- Assist in the accounts payable, accounts receivable, student accounts and payroll functions.
- Review daily accounting reports. Verify accuracy of on-line posting and accounting feeds.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Performs complex financial analysis including preparation of key reports and forecasts.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Payroll tax reporting.
- Provide support for student accounting functions.
- Other duties as assigned.