- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Animal Management
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Association Board
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Detailed Job Description - Continuing Education Technical Specialist
Title: Continuing Education Technical Specialist – JHEC
Reports to: Dean for Continuing Education
Type of Appointment: Grade 1, Level A (12-month Administrative Year)
Timeline of Appointment: Part Time (50% 17.5 hr/wk; 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm Mondays – Fridays)
Staff Reporting to this Position: None
- Associate’s Degree required with significant background in coordinating resources.
- Proficiency with laptop computers and Microsoft Office programs and applications.
- Exceptional communications, customer service and organizational skills.
The part time Continuing Education Technical Specialist - JHEC is responsible for managing classes offered as part of the Jefferson High Education Center initiative in the evenings and sometimes weekends. The Continuing Education Technical Specialist - JHEC assists in administering evening and weekend partner courses by communicating with partner instructors and students, troubleshooting IT and facility needs, monitoring the Higher Education Center building, and collaborating with JHEC oriented staff from the Continuing Education Division.
- Serve as the secondary point of contact for the Jefferson Higher Education Center (after Continuing Education Coordinator – JHEC)
- Maintain a flexible schedule allowing for participation in evening or weekend events both on campus and off campus as needed.
- Communicate and service partner instructors & students with day to day needs including new instructor orientation and weather related delays.
- Assist in the design and execution of marketing for JHEC programs.
- Troubleshoot evening facilities and technological needs of partner instructors / students and JCC staff.
- Work with the Dean for Continuing Education and Coordinator of Continuing Education - JHEC to schedule, plan, execute and reports and procedural manuals regarding the JHEC and related offerings.
- Assist in the general maintenance, security and inventory of equipment used for at the JHEC.
- Develop a strong working relationship with daytime and evening reception staff.
- Assist the Coordinator for Continuing Education – JHEC and Dean with additional duties as assigned.