- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Advisory Council
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Detailed Job Description - Grants Officer
Title: Grants Officer
Report to: College Development Officer
Staff Reporting to Position: None
Type of Appointment: Grade 3, 12 months
Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university. Minimum of three years appropriate professional experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in successful grant development and monitoring in the field of education, economic and workforce development, or related field.
- Understanding of principles and techniques of grant proposal writing and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local and private funding sources.
- Knowledge of grant writing resources and information sources.
- Experience producing written grant narratives and other written grant‐related communications.
- Experience with grant monitoring and compliance procedures, as well as relevant government rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Project management, program development, and community outreach experience.
- Experience working with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in establishing, managing and maintaining relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Experience analyzing, evaluating and recommending innovative solutions to College/Foundation priorities and goals.
- Experience with preparing and managing, or assisting Project Director with preparing and managing, grant budgets.
- Experience in developing, implementing and administering policies and procedures.
- Ability to create and manipulate information in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and Access files.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- A high degree of accuracy and integrity.
- Strategic thinker.
Under the direction of the College Development Officer, the Grants Officer will appropriately plan,
direct and manage the college grants program. The Grants Officer will be responsible for pre‐award grant writing, coordination of grant applications for the College, as well as post‐award support for staff in charge of grant‐funded projects and overall grant compliance for the College. It is expected that the Grants Officer will meet established annual goals.
- Oversee all Foundation and College grant activities including grant identification, grant writing and grant administration.
- Actively seek, identify and recognize external opportunities that present viable funding opportunities and match Foundation goals, College priorities and search requests.
- Research, interpret and disseminate information on federal, state and private funding resources.
- Create and maintain systems for dissemination of information about external funding opportunities and other grants‐related information.
- Meet regularly with faculty and staff to learn about their funding needs and cultivate project engagement.
- Provide leadership and guidance to faculty and staff in the planning, program design, budget development and evaluation of grants.
- Write or assist with writing grant applications.
- Conduct one‐on‐one training and group workshops to develop and write grant proposals.
- Serve as a liaison with funding source program and contract officers, resource developers nationally, and with community organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Research to coordinate the gathering of College and Foundation information needed for proposals.
- Ensure quality of collected and reported fiscal grant data, including some program statistics.
- Track and report proposal submissions and progress.
- Develop and maintain a process to monitor grant compliance.
- In conjunction with the College Finance Department manage all grant activities, including fiscal reporting and close‐out requirements to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local agencies and College/Foundation policies and procedures.
- Review and interpret grant agreements for compliance.
- Assist staff in grant implementation to include instruction on internal procedures and funding agency compliance, assistance with all issues of financial, personnel, payroll, purchasing and administration of funded awards, and instruction on costsharing documentation.
- Advise project directors concerning negotiation of new grants, effective startups and grant management issues.
- Create, design, implement and administer processes and procedures related to grants development and grants management.
- Assist in acknowledgement and recognition of grant awards through communications and published announcements.
- Manage Foundation mini‐grant applications and awards.
- Maintain files on faculty grant applications, both internal and external, and related correspondence, and compiling statistics on faculty grant activity.
- Coordinate the engagement of staff, trustees, and partners on program related matters.
- Select, train, and supervise student workers.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Office.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.