- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Detailed Job Description - Information Systems Specialist
Title: Information Systems Specialist (Functional)
Reports to: College Registrar
Type of Appointment: Grade 3, 12 month
Required: Bachelor’s degree and three years of professional service.
- Experience in admissions, financial aid, registrar, bursar or other student service.Possesses a thorough understanding of at least one enrollment process
- Admissions, registration, financial aid, or student billing.
- Experience with SCT Banner products.
- Technological experience working with integrated systems, especially in an educational environment.
- Proficiency in report writing, query and extract tools such as SQL, Argos, etc.
- Ability to innovate and improve processes.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with design, installation and maintenance of complex automated management systems, particularly student service information systems in a higher education environment.
The Information Systems Specialist (Functional) assists functional student service areas with setup, training, integration, troubleshooting and reporting for Banner and related information systems. This position focuses on improving enrollment processes including, but not limited to, admissions, registration, financial aid awarding and packaging, and student payment processing. Working closely with EM/SL and IT staff, the ISS will implement student service best practices at Jefferson Community College.
- Assist student service functional areas with setup, training, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, and reporting for Banner Student, Banner Financial Aid, and related information systems. This includes current configuration, enhancements, upgrades and new applications.
- Engages in the analysis of student service projects and processes. Makes recommendations for streamlining and improving processes. Works closely with functional staff to implement changes.
- Networks with SUNY colleagues to adopt a ‘best practice’ approach to student enrollment processes. Responsible for improving customer service and system efficiency within all student service functional areas through effective use of technology.
- Maintains understanding of new Banner Student and Banner Financial Aid releases and provides supplemental training, advice and information to college personnel.
- Assists with the collection, analysis and preparation of data for internal and external reporting. This involves the ability to develop queries and manipulate databases.
- Provides or arranges for appropriate professional and support staff training.
- Maintains close working relationships with IT staff to schedule and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
- Attends training and conferences as necessary to meet job requirements.
- Uses various office systems and software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Banner workflow, e-mail, and more.
- Participates in collegial governance, committees, and meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.