- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
- Address/Main Phone
- 1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown NY 13601
- 315-786-2200 / toll-free 888-435-6522
- 315-786-6567 (Welcome Center)
- Watertown (est. population of 27,000)
Exit 46 off of Interstate Route 81
Within 10 minutes of the Fort Drum U.S. Army installation with easy access to many activities and attractions along the Black River, St. Lawrence Seaway, Lake Ontario and in the Adirondacks.
- Located on 90 acres with nine buildings, well-maintained athletic fields and ample parking. East Hall, the College's newest building, opened in August 2014 and provides student housing and a residential college experience for 294 students.
- Jefferson County.
One of 64 campuses - and one of 30 community colleges - which comprise the State University of New York (SUNY) system.
- Jefferson Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Jefferson Community College’s Nursing, A.A.S. program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and/or ACEN, 3343 Peachtree Road NE Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326.
- Jefferson Community College’s EDGE concurrent enrollment program is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP). NACEP is a national organization with an established set of programmatic standards indicative of quality concurrent enrollment programs.
- 4,120 split between full-time and part-time students (Fall 2014)
- 17 A.A.S. career curricula, 15 transfer A.A. or A.S. curricula and 9 certificate programs. Six degree programs are available entirely online.
- Bachelor's and Advanced Degrees
- Partnerships with several 4-year colleges and universities provide opportunities for numerous bachelor’s degrees and master's degrees to be earned at the Jefferson Higher Education Center on JCC's campus in Watertown.
- Average Class Size
- 20 students
- JCC Faculty
- Have earned 35 SUNY Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching, 4 for Excellence in Scholarship and Creativity and 2 Distinguished Professorships
- JCC Transfer Students
- Have an average GPA of 3.10* their junior year at a SUNY school
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Honors Program
2014–2015 Academic Year (subject to change)
|NYS resident from sponsorship area||$1,992 per semester full-time / $166 per credit hour|
|NYS resident from outside sponsorship area or non-NYS resident||$3,036 per semester full-time / $253 per credit hour|
- 80% of JCC students receive financial aid
- 255+ scholarships are available
- Jefferson-Can Scholars Program: free first-year tuition for Jefferson & Lewis county students in the top 15% of their class
- 52% full-time, 48% part-time
- Age 24 and under: 67%
- Age 25 and above: 33%
- On average, 28% are married and 32% have young children
- 40% are military or military-related
- 59% women and 41% men
- Academic advising
- Academic coaching
- Transfer counseling
- Career planning and counseling
- Peer/professional tutoring
- Learning labs
- Personal counseling
- Career services
· Brand new on-campus student housing opened for the Fall 2014 semester for full-time students. The 294-bed residence hall features fully-furnished suite-style units designed to accommodate 6, 5 and 4 students.
- The residence hall is owned by the Faculty Student Association at JCC, a non-profit organization that provides ancillary service in support of the College and operated and managed in partnership with Jefferson Community College.
- Nationally-known guest speakers and performing artists
- 30+ clubs and organizations
- National Society for Leadership and Success
- Member of the Mid-State College Athletic Conference
- National Junior Collegiate Athletic Division, Division III, Region III
- Baseball (M)
- Basketball (M/W)
- Cross Country (M/W)
- Golf (M/W)
- Lacrosse (M/W)
- Soccer (M/W)
- Softball (W)
- Volleyball (W)
- Classes offered in the McEwen Education Center and DHR Education Annex on Fort Drum
- JCC Advisors on staff in DHR Education Annex / 315-786-6566
- Member of SOCAD/AVOTECH
- Six GoArmyEd Online Degrees
- On campus during fall and spring semesters
- For children aged 21 months to 5 years
- The Childcare Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, 1313 L Street, NW, Suite 500 Washington, DC 20005