- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
EDGE Concurrent Enrollment
EDGE is a multifaceted collaboration bridging high schools and Jefferson Community College via a concurrent enrollment program offering integrated, accessible, and rigorous college courses to qualified high school students.
EDGE will be the first choice of high schools wishing to provide qualified students with an opportunity to better their lives through an exceptional concurrent collegiate experience that assures access, quality, and transferability and that creates an ideal foundation from which to pursue their higher education goals.
The EDGE program, provides SUNY Jefferson courses taught in the high school classroom.
- A student takes an EDGE course concurrently with a high school course.
- EDGE students earn college and high school credit at the same time.
- EDGE courses are taught by high school teachers who meet the same requirements, and undergo the same application and approval process, as adjunct instructors who teach on campus
- EDGE courses are college, not “college-level,” courses.
- EDGE students are college students; the text books, rigor of assignments, and grading policies are the same as those used on campus for the identical course.
- The only difference between an EDGE course and the same course on campus is that EDGE courses are offered at no cost for tuition to our high school students.
The Jefferson EDGE Program is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP). To become accredited, The EDGE program demonstrated that it met or exceeded standards of excellence pertaining to curriculum, students, instructors, assessment, and program evaluation.
Benefits of Concurrent Enrollment Programs to Students
- Earning college credit at a reduced cost while in high school
- Learning about college expectations while improving college admissions prospects
- Students with a concurrent enrollment experience are more likely than those without to:
- Consider college
- Start college sooner after high school graduation
- Earn a higher GPA and stay in college during their first year
- Persist in their second year of college
- Earn a degree sooner
- Complete both undergraduate and graduate degree
Benefits of Concurrent Enrollment Programs to Schools
- Positive impact to high school retention and graduation rates
- Enhanced rigor of the high school curricula
- Means of demonstrating quality to multiple internal and external audiences
- Discipline specific professional development for teachers
- Better cross-sector understanding of student preparation and needs
- Re-enforced college-going culture among students
- Means of demonstrating community service as CEP participants experience anticipatory socialization, academic momentum, academic integration, better college persistence (the “nest egg effect”), accelerated degree progression, and better attainment of both undergraduate and graduate degrees
Resources and Links
Schools that have participated in EDGE include:
For More Information
Continuing Education Coordinator – EDGE Individual Studies
Jefferson Community College
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Fax: (315) 786-2391