- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Films and Documentaries
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Guides
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- Library Toolkit
- About the Library
- Contact Information
- Faculty Resources
- Library Hours
- Community & Outreach
- JCC Alumni
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Commencement Ticket Share
- Programs of Study
FAQ - Graduates
When is the commencement ceremony?
The 2014 commencement ceremony is on Friday, May 16 in the McVean Center Gymnasium. The ceremony starts at 7:00 p.m. A ticket is required to enter the Commencement ceremony in the gymnasium; however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater (Room 4-111).
Do I need to pay for my cap and gown?
No, the cost was included in your student life fee. There is no charge at time of ordering.
Where do I get my cap and gown?
Due to delayed shipment, caps and gowns will be available for pick up at the JCC Bookstore beginning Friday, May 9.
What should I do if I missed the March 12 deadline for cap and gown orders?
Contact the Bookstore at 315-786-2260 for more information.
What is included in my cap and gown order?
Your order includes the cap, gown, hood, and tassel specific to your program of study. It will also include any special honors or recognitions you received from the college, such as Phi Theta Kappa and Honors stoles, as well as military cords.
Are Commencement announcements included with my cap and gown?
No, but you can purchase them in the Bookstore beginning May 5.
Do I need to return my cap and gown?
No, the cap and gown is yours to keep.
Where do I pick up special recognition items for my cap and gown?
Your order includes any special honors or recognitions you received from the college, such as Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) and Honors stoles, as well as military cords.
Who do I talk to regarding PTK?
Call Thomas Wojcikowski at 315-786-2289.
When and where is Commencement rehearsal?
Commencement rehearsal is Friday, May 16 at 12:30 p.m. in the McVean Center Gymnasium. It is important that you arrive on time to ensure everyone receives clear instructions for the ceremony.
Do I have to attend rehearsal in order to attend Commencement?
It is strongly recommended that you attend rehearsal. Commencement is a very special moment for most grads and it is important that all participants are prepared in order to ensure the ceremony goes as planned.
Will there be any special events for graduating seniors?
Yes, the college will host a free luncheon the day of graduation beginning at 11:00 a.m. through 12:30 p.m. Commencement rehearsal will be held immediately following the luncheon. There will also be a reception held in the Jules Center Commons for graduates and guests immediately following Commencement.
How many tickets do I receive for Commencement and when can I pick them up?
Each graduate will receive four (4) guest tickets when they pick up their cap and gown in the Bookstore beginning Monday, May 5.
Can my guest attend Commencement if they do not have a ticket?
A ticket is required to enter the Commencement ceremony in the gymnasium; however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater (Room 4-111).
Do children need a ticket?
Yes. All children in attendance must have a ticket and be accompanied by an adult. Please be aware that strollers are not permitted in the gymnasium.
Will childcare be provided?
Jefferson Campus Care will provide free childcare during the Commencement ceremony for children between 18 months and 12 years. Contact Jefferson Campus Care at 315-786-2357 by noon, May 14 to register.
Can I reserve seating for my guests who need special accommodations?
Yes, stop in the Bookstore to complete an accommodative needs seating request form.
Where do graduates need to meet on the night of Commencement?
All participants will line up by their academic division on the Quad by the clock tower beginning at 6:30 pm. In the event of inclement weather the location will be switched to the Jules Center. Robing rooms will be available. Women may robe in room 6-100 and men in room 6-101. You may not leave personal belongings in the rooms. Please be sure to allow extra time to do this, if needed, as the procession to the gymnasium begins at 6:50 pm.
Where do I park?
There will be signs posted in the JCC parking lots directing guests and grads to available parking.
Will there be professional photographs taken of the ceremony?
Yes, a professional photographer will be at Commencement to photograph all graduates as they receive their credentials. Proofs of the photos will be mailed in the weeks following the ceremony and you may place an order at that time.
When do I get my diploma?
Diplomas are mailed in mid-June to the home address you indicated on your application for graduation.