- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Films and Documentaries
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Guides
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- Library Toolkit
- About the Library
- Contact Information
- Faculty Resources
- Library Hours
- Community & Outreach
- JCC Alumni
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Commencement Ticket Share
- Programs of Study
FAQ - Guests
When is the commencement ceremony?
The 2014 commencement ceremony is on Friday, May 16 in the McVean Center Gymnasium. The ceremony starts at 7:00 p.m. A ticket is required to enter the Commencement ceremony in the gymnasium; however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater (Room 4-111).
How many tickets does each graduate receive for Commencement?
Each graduate receives four (4) guest tickets when they pick up their cap and gown from the Bookstore beginning Monday, May 5.
Can I attend Commencement if I do not have a ticket?
A ticket is required to enter the Commencement ceremony in the gymnasium; however, guests without a ticket are welcome to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater (Room 4-111).
Do children need a ticket?
Yes. All children in attendance must have a ticket and be accompanied by an adult. Please be aware that strollers are not permitted in the gymnasium.
Will childcare be provided?
Jefferson Campus Care will provide free childcare during the Commencement ceremony for children between 18 months and 12 years. Contact Jefferson Campus Care at 315-786-2357 by noon, May 14 to register.
Where do I park?
There will be signs posted in the JCC parking lots directing guests to available parking.
Will there be accommodations for guests with difficulty climbing bleachers?
The first two rows of the bleachers will be reserved for guests requiring wheelchair access and those with difficulty climbing stairs. Guests with special needs may also choose to view the ceremony live via closed circuit telecast in the Sturtz Theater (Room 4-111), which is optimized for their comfort and convenience.
Will there be any special events for the graduates?
Yes, all guests and graduates are invited to a graduation reception in the Jules Center Commons immediately following the Commencement ceremony.