- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Psychology Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Nursing & Allied Health
Specialized health and science databases containing original research articles, evidence based care-sheets, systemic reviews, trade and scholarly periodicals.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
Provides abstracts and full-text articles from the fields of nursing and allied health. Includes indexing back to 1937, full-text from medical journals, and research articles from nursing journals.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Provides full-text articles from general and scholarly medical publications, with a focus on nursing and allied health.
- Nursing Reference Center
Provides clinical evidence and reference information, evidence-based care sheets, disease and drug information. Also provides accredited continuing education modules.
- Health Reference Center Academic (provided by the New York State Library)
Provides full-text articles from nursing and allied health journals, medical journals, newsletters and consumer health magazines.
- Science Direct
Provides many full-text articles from scholarly scientific, technical, engineering and medical journals.
Provides full-text, scholarly articles in several disciplines including general science, biology and health science. Includes the complete run, providing articles over 100 years old. For most titles the most recent 3 to 5 years is not included.
- Alt Health Watch
Provides popular, trade and scholarly periodicals and also professional reports. Information is available for diseases and alternative treatments, nutrition and healthy lifestyle. The trade publications cover practices such as chiropractic, art therapy, Chinese medicine, homeopathy and others.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
Provides books, reports, pamphlets, periodicals (popular and scholarly), and a medical dictionary. Includes information on diseases and their treatment and health topics such as fitness, exercise and diet.
- Medline with Full Text
Provides many full-text articles from scholarly journals on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, healthcare and pre-clinical sciences.
- The New England Journal of Medicine
Provides full-text, scholarly articles and abstracts from 1993-current.
Databases containing electronic books focusing on allied health and nursing.
- Incredibly Easy Nursing E-Books
A collection of 53 reference e-books covering nursing topics from the Incredibly Easy, LPN Expert Guides and Straight A’s series published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Medcom Nursing Videos
Nursing education streaming videos with accompanying training materials
- STAT!Ref Nursing E-Books
A collection of 25 nursing resources including reference works, test preparation and instructional videos. You must click "I accept" at the first page to acknowledge the end-user agreement to get to the STAT!Ref site. Click here to find out about the STAT!Ref mobile app.
Used by health professionals, social workers, and forensic and legal specialists to diagnose and classify mental disorders to assess symptom presentations in a variety of clinical settings.
- Medcom Nursing Videos
Nursing education streaming videos with accompanying training materials.
Provides nearly 3 million rights-cleared images from more than 50 of the best collections in the world, including The Bridgeman Art Gallery, Dorling Kindersley Images, Getty Images, the National Portrait Gallery of London, the National Geographic Society, and others. Students and faculty can use these images for educational use without worrying about copyright issues.
- BoardVitals: NCLEX PN/RN Exam Prep
Practice test questions for the NCLEX PN and RN exams.
- First time users must click the signup button on the upper right hand side and create an account using your JCC student email (e.g. email@example.com).
- Check your e-mail and click on the validation link in the e-mail.