- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Films and Documentaries
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Guides
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- Library Toolkit
- About the Library
- Contact Information
- Faculty Resources
- Library Hours
- Community & Outreach
- JCC Alumni
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Programs of Study
Begin looking for books, ebooks, dvds and other media items here.
CannonCat is Melvil Dewey Library's catalog and it identifies the print books, dvds and other media items that the library owns and also allows you to read the majority of our ebooks.
Need books that our library does not offer? Request them via Interlibrary Loan.
Melvil Dewey Library offers the content of almost 200,000 electronic books to our patrons. Our electronic books can be accessed via CannonCat or by directly accessing the various collections via the links below.
General Academic eBook Collections
ebrary Academic Complete
ebrary Academic Complete provides a large, very well-rounded collection of ebooks.
EBSCO eBook Academic Collection
Multi-disciplinary collection of over 86,000 eBooks for academic research.
SpringerLink provides a variety of highly authoritative scientific sources, including over 50,000 ebooks.
- EBSCO eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary)
Our EBSCO eBook Collection provides thousands of ebooks on many diverse topics.
Provides access to a collection high quality electronic books covering historical as well as multi-disciplinary topics.
SUNY Press E Book Collection
Consists of over 600 titles published by the SUNY Press and made available by the State University of New York.
Subject-specific eBook Collections
- Incredibly Easy Nursing E-Books
A collection of 53 reference e-books covering nursing topics from the Incredibly Easy, LPN Expert Guides and Straight A’s series published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- STAT!Ref Nursing E-Books
A collection of 25 nursing resources including reference works, test preparation and instructional videos. You must click "I accept" at the first page to acknowledge the end-user agreement to get to the STAT!Ref site. Click here to find out about the STAT!Ref mobile app.
Reference eBook Collections
Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides high quality subject and general encyclopedias, almanacs and dictionaries.
Provides general and subject-specific dictionaries and other reference works.
Popular Reading/Listening eBook Collections
- Overdrive Ebook Collection
Download an ebook or audio book to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPad, Nook, Blackberry and Kindle. Requires Adobe Digital Editions to download to a computer or Overdrive Media Console to download to a mobile device. This collection is a joint project with SUNY Oswego, SUNY Canton, North Country Community College and Paul Smith's College, with support from Northern New York Library Network.