- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Psychology Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Government
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
The Program (HEGIS Code 5005/0517)
Students enrolled in this program are simultaneously admitted to both Jefferson Community College and SUNY Potsdam. They will earn the A.S. in Business Administration from JCC and then proceed without interruption to Potsdam where they will complete the degree requirements for the B.S. in Business Administration. The program is structured to allow students to complete virtually all coursework on the JCC campus.
This program is designed to assure the timely completion of degree requirements and a smooth transition between institutions. No transfer application is necessary. Joint advising is provided by Program Coordinators from both JCC and Potsdam. Students ready to begin the course of study at Potsdam are allowed to register early—at the same time as other Potsdam students.
Further information about this jointly registered program may be received by contacting the admissions offices at either Jefferson Community College or SUNY Potsdam.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and be able to effectively utilize, the technology essential for business applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate, evaluate, analyze, and apply information to make effective business decisions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the four functions of management.
- Successfully meet the SLOs for 7 of the 10 SUNY General Education categories.
This program prepares students to manage a variety of functions in small or large businesses. Typical positions for graduates from this program include: marketing manager, human resource specialist, operations manager, business analyst, or general professional manager/supervisor. The program is also excellent preparation for pursuing a career as a stock/bond broker or financial manager.
- BUS 221 (Human Resource Management) is a recommended Business Elective. Students can also take BUS 226 (Introduction to Finance) if they plan to continue their bachelor’s degree for Potsdam at Jefferson’s campus.
- Recommended as STA 101 or STA 151.
- Any course that fulfills The Arts or Foreign Language General Education requirements.
- Any course that fulfills the American History or Western Civilization General Education requirements. (Note: Currently, Potsdam will not accept any Jefferson course listed under Other World Civilizations to fill the General Education requirements.)
NOTE: If the student has zero (0) to two (2) years of foreign language background, he/she should delay taking foreign language courses until matriculated at SUNY Potsdam. Students who enter the program with three (3) high school foreign language classes will enter into the 122 level course and will continue onto 200 level. Students who have completed four (4) years of high school foreign language have fulfilled this requirement.
Dawn Robinson, Assistant Professor of Business
Application and Admissions Information
Office of Admissions
315-786-2277 or Toll Free 1-888-435-6522