- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Films and Documentaries
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Guides
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- Library Toolkit
- About the Library
- Contact Information
- Faculty Resources
- Library Hours
- Community & Outreach
- JCC Alumni
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
The Program (HEGIS Code 5011.10)
The Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. degree program positions students to take a leadership role in career areas involving culinary, hotel/restaurant management, tourism, and winery management.
Students in the Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S degree program choose one of the following three concentration areas:
Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
The Winery Management and Marketing Concentration of the Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. degree program is designed to give graduates maximum access to the best jobs in the field. They are generally competitive with graduates from four year programs in terms of starting salaries and management opportunities, with the exception of some positions in larger firms.
The program has an internship component, which allows students to gain real-world experience in their field and make job/career contacts.
Students graduating from the Winery Management and Marketing Concentration of the Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. degree program will:
- Understand how to develop an effective business model for winery operation.
- Understand and apply the basic legal, financial, human resource, ethics, and other management issues critical for successful winery operation.
- Understand the Characteristics of successful grape varieties, site selection, and layout for a vineyard in Northern New York.
- Understand the aesthetic considerations and technical process of wine making.
This concentration will prepare students for immediate employment in the wine industry which is growing both in the North Country region and statewide. Currently, seven wineries operate in Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence Counties and that number is expected to double in the next five years. Winery owners report that the overwhelming number of jobs at any winery can be found in the areas of sales and marketing.
Some positions may require additional study or additional work experience in a related specialty and almost one third of our graduates continue their education at four year schools.
Although the program is designed to prepare graduates to enter the workforce after completing the Associate degree, nearly one-third of our graduates choose to pursue a baccalaureate degree. The most popular transfer destinations include Niagara University, Rochester Institute of Technology and Paul Smith’s College. Jefferson has partnered with some select academic institutions and developed agreements that help students transfer smoothly to specific baccalaureate programs. Currently, formal agreements exist with:
SUNY Cobleskill, Agriculture Business Management, B.T.
Franklin University, Applied Management, B.S.
Paul Smith’s College, Hotel, Resort and Tourism Management, B.S.,
SUNY Empire State College, Business Management, B.S.
Julie Hosbach, Winery Program Coordinator
Alexander Pope Vickers, Hospitality and Tourism Department Chair
Application and Admissions Information
Office of Admissions
315-786-2277 or Toll Free 1-888-435-6522