- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Renewable Energy Management Certificate
By combining renewable energy courses with business management courses, the Renewable Energy Management Certificate program serves two primary purposes. First, it serves students who want to explore the renewable energy field and begin preparing for employment or additional training in the field. Second, this program serves students who are currently employed in an energy-related position and need college coursework to broaden their understanding of renewable energy and business practices. Additionally, the program provides the student with a basic core of course work, which may be applied toward the requirements of several degrees at Jefferson Community College.
Students graduating from the Renewable Energy Management program with a certificate will:
- Recognize and articulate the difference between renewable and non-renewable energy resources;
- Demonstrate an understanding of energy sustainability;
- Assess the impact of past and present energy usage on our biosphere;
- Examine regional energy resources and recognize current and future challenges related to these resources;
- Demonstrate an understanding of electricity generation and usage from renewable energy resources and potential savings available from energy efficiency; and
- Be able to assess renewable energy and efficiency potential, including field measurement and data collection, understanding of renewable energy and efficiency systems.
Employment opportunities include a range of positions related to renewable energy and management. This can include sales and marketing of renewable energy systems, assisting in renewable energy business management, and assistants to installers of renewable energy systems. This program can also provide an introductory educational experience for those considering other degree programs related to renewable energy, including energy, business, and environmental studies.
Steven Porter, Director/Instructor of Academic Energy Programs
Jack Donato, Associate Professor of Computer Science and Energy
Application and Admissions Information
Office of Admissions
315-786-2277 or Toll Free 1-888-435-6522