- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Sports Management A.S.
The Program (HEGIS Code 5099)
The Sports Management A.S. is a generalist business/liberal arts program with specific core courses in sports management disciplines. Coursework includes economics and accounting as well as a solid grounding in various areas of general education/liberal arts. The Sports Management A.S. program is a transfer degree, designed to be the first two years of a 4+ year business education. This program is intended for students who plan to transfer to another college or university, perhaps continuing through a graduate degree or higher. The curriculum is designed to let graduates be successful in any sports management or business-related transfer program, regardless of the transfer school chosen.
Students who plan to transfer to a SUNY college may use the Liberal Arts Electives to fulfill any of the following five SUNY General Education Requirements: A (Arts), AH (American History), FL (Foreign Language), OWC (Other World Civilizations), WC (Western Civilization).
Students graduating from the Sports Management program with an A.S. degree will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and be able to effectively utilize, the technology essential for business applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate, evaluate, analyze, and apply information to make effective business decisions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the four functions of management as they relate to Sports Management specifically.
- Successfully meet the SLO’s for 7 of the 10 SUNY General Education Requirements.
Graduates from this program who continue with their sports management/business education may enter the exciting world of professional sports as team managers, personal agents, and executives in the spectrum of businesses that support professional and amateur sport including fitness centers, recreation centers and ice arenas, and sporting goods sales and marketing.
As a graduate of Jefferson, you will have many transfer opportunities to consider and will be able to choose from a wide variety of colleges and universities to pursue your baccalaureate degree. The sports management curriculum was designed for seamless transfer to the sports management baccalaureate programs at SUNY Canton and SUNY Cortland, and will facilitate transfer to the sports management baccalaureate programs at SUNY Brockport and Cazenovia College, among other programs. Currently, a formal transfer agreement exists with SUNY Canton, Sports Management, B.B.A. program.
*Select from the Arts (A) or Foreign Language (FL) General Education Course Lists
**Select from American History (AH), Western Civilization (WC) or Other World Civilization (OWC) General Education Course Lists
***Select from Natural Sciences General Education Course List
****Select from the General Education Course List
Anthony Burgess, Instructor of Business/Sports Management
Application and Admissions Information
Office of Admissions
315-786-2277 or Toll Free 1-888-435-6522