- Admissions Menu
- How to Apply
- Admission Requirements
- Applications and Forms
- Contact Admissions
- Visit Campus
- Visit us On the Road
- Accepted Student Information
- Educational Opportunity Program
- For Undecided Students
- Request Information
Early Admission for High School Students
Early Admission allows motivated and academically prepared high school juniors and seniors to enroll in college courses and earn college credit while in high school. Students may take college courses online or on Jefferson Community College’s campus, typically in the evening or during the summer session. Placement testing is required unless waived by the Director od Admissions. Early Admit students that attend part time are not eligible for financial assistance.
Students may enroll in college coursework based on their academic preparation, recommendation of the student’s high school representative, and approval from their parents. Students should discuss the various educational opportunities with their school counselor and parents in order to determine which approach will best meet their educational objectives.
High school seniors may enroll in on-campus classes for dual credit (to fulfill high school graduation requirements and get college credit) or educational enrichment. Students must complete the application process and meet any course pre-requisites.
- The Early Admission application must be completed and signed by the student, parent or guardian, and a high school representative. Students must submit a current high school transcript along with their application.
- The Director of Admissions will review each application and determine placement testing, and schedule and appointment to discuss the students plans.
- Once the application is approved, the Advising, Career, and Transfer Center (ACT) will schedule a registration meeting.
Students Under the Age of Compulsory Education
The Early Admission program is designed for high school seniors and select juniors. Students below the compulsory school age will be subject to a separate policy.
Office of Admissions
Room 6-007, Jules Center
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Tel: 315-786-2277 or toll-free 888-435-6522 (ask for Admissions)
Office Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday