Transfer Students

Admissions with Advanced Standing

Students who have attended another college and wish to transfer credits to Jefferson must follow the same application procedures as a new student.

Transfer Credit

Transfer credit may be granted for courses completed at an accredited college provided the courses are applicable to the degree or certificate program at Jefferson Community College. A minimum grade of 2.0(C) is required for all credit transferred. To earn a degree or certificate at Jefferson, a minimum of 50% of the required coursework must be completed through Jefferson Community College. Students applying for admission with advanced standing must have an official transcript sent to the Admissions Office. Once admitted (matriculated), the transcript will be evaluated for credit. Transfer credit will not be used in calculation of the student grade point average.

See Transfer Credit Evaluation policies

Military Service School

Military Service School educational achievements and experiences can be accepted for admission with advanced standing in either required or elective areas. Military transcripts must be submitted for evaluation to the Admissions Office. Once admitted to a degree program the transcript will be evaluated for credit.

Credit by Examination

College credit may be granted under several examination programs. Students may submit scores from:

  1. The Regents College Examination of the State University of New York
  2. The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) of the College Board
  3. Advance Placement (AP) exams of the College Board

Score reports from tests administered at the high school must be forwarded to the Admissions Office.

The Learning and Success Center at Jefferson administers CLEP testing on a monthly basis.


Office of Admissions
Room 6-007, Jules Center
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601

Tel: 315-786-2277 or toll-free 888-435-6522 (ask for Admissions)
Fax: 315-786-2459
Office Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday