- Alumni & Friends Menu
- Distinguished Alumni
- Alumni Advisory Council
- JCC Foundation
- Special Events
- Foundation Scholarships
- Dr. John and Claire Adler Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- JCC Business Division Scholarship
- JCC Women’s Organization Scholarship
- James E. McVean Memorial Scholarship
- Joan Benton Feeney Memorial Scholarship
- Marcia E. Walton Scholarship
- New York Air Brake LLC Scholarship
- Slack Chemical Company Employee’s Scholarship
- Slack Chemical Company Science Scholarship
- The Glenn and Ruth Porter Scholarship
- The McCoy Family Scholarship
- The Watertown Rotary Club Scholarship
- Giving to JCC
- Creating a Scholarship
- Foundation Board of Directors
The truest measure of the success of Jefferson Community College lies in the many accomplishments of its alumni. Each year the Alumni Association celebrates the achievements of Jefferson alumni by honoring a select number of individuals who excel in their professional fields, exhibit early career successes, are positive role models for current students, demonstrate leadership and service to their communities, and bring honor and distinction to Jefferson through their professional and personal accomplishments.
The 2013 Distinguished Alumni were honored at a ceremony held at the Watertown Elks Lodge on August 9.
Left to Right, Dr. Stacey (Dunn) Zeigler, Dr. John P. Clark, Mrs. Evelyn (Beattie) Kormanik
Dr. Stacey (Dunn) Zeigler, Class of ’92, Received the Professional Achievement Award.
Stacey is a Clinical Associate Professor at Clarkson University, and owns her own business, Fun in Aging Physical Therapy, P.C., in Hammond, NY. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from SUNY Health Science Center in 1994, a Master of Science in Community Health Administration from California College for Health Science in 2002, a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Simmons College, Boston in 2005.
Dr. John P. Clark, Class of 1986, Received the Professional Achievement Award.
John is the principal aerospace engineer at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. In 2012, he received the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineer of the year award. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering science from Syracuse University in 1989 and a doctorate in Engineering Science in 1993 from the University of Oxford, UK, in 1993.
Mrs. Evelyn (Beattie) Kormanik, Class of ’68, Jeffersonian Award.
Evelyn is the founder of the Staten Island Giving Circle, a large community outreach group dedicated to assisting the disadvantaged and underserved in the Staten Island community. She retired in 1988 from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and then opened her own business, E.K Word processing, which she operated for 10 years.
Alumni honors are determined by a selection committee and are considered in the following categories:
- The Rising Star Award recognizes a graduate of the past fifteen years who is advancing in his/her career field.
- The Professional Achievement Award recognizes a graduate who demonstrates ten years or more success in professional life and leadership within his/her profession.
- The Jeffersonian Award recognizes a graduate who demonstrates a dedication to service on a local, state, national, or international level.
- The Community Service Award is given to a non-alumna/us for service to Jefferson Community College.
- On occasion, Honorary Alumni status is bestowed to acknowledge extraordinary contributions to Jefferson’s welfare, reputation, prestige, and pursuit of excellence.