- Campus Life Menu
- Student Housing
- About Housing & Residence Life
- Apply / Pay Deposit
- Room & Board Rates
- Campus Dining
- Suite Options
- Explore Watertown
- Important Dates
- What to Bring
- Residence Hall Handbook
- Meet Our Staff
- Residence Hall Association
- Cannoneer Welcome Weekend
- Student Activities
- Services for Students
- Campus Safety & Security
- Student Handbook
- Student Housing
Campus Safety & Security
AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY
Contact: (315) 786-2222
Locations: Dulles Bldg. #3, Room 3-119 (Blue light at building entrance)
East Hall (Residence Hall) Front Desk, 5pm - 5am on Monday- Friday and 24 hours per day on Saturday/Sunday
The Office of Campus Safety & Security is comprised of full and part-time officers who are highly trained/licensed security professionals. Security officers are responsible for assisting with first aid, personal safety, CPR, AED, fire & traffic safety, crime prevention, emergency notification, lectures on various topics, and documenting incidents that occur on campus. JCC security officers and college officials have the authority to ask persons for identification and to determine whether individuals have lawful business on campus. Additionally, we have the authority to issue parking tickets, which are payable to Jefferson Community College Financial Services. Criminal incidents are referred to the police agencies that have jurisdiction on campus:
|New York State Police:
Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept.:
Watertown Police Dept.:
(315) 786-2700 or 9-1-1
(315) 786-2601 or 9-1-1
- From off-campus lines or cell phones: call (315) 786-2222
- From on-campus office/classroom phones, call Ext. 2222
- From black phones on campus, dial 2222
- By reporting directly to our offices: Dulles Bldg. Room 3-119 or East Hall reception desk
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost and Found: Items are turned in frequently throughout the day so be sure to check with the duty officer several times. Lost items are kept for 30-90 days depending on value.
- Safe Walks: Security officers will escort you to/from your vehicle or class upon request.
- Jump Starts: You can sign the jump box out or, if unfamiliar with using it, an officer will meet you at your car with the jump box to assist.
- Campus Information: Security officers are knowledgeable about the campus and activities and are able to relay information in a courteous and professional manner.
- Transportation Assistance: If you find yourself in a difficult financial situation and do not have transportation, Campus Safety and Security can make arrangements to and from the campus through local transportation options.
The mission of Jefferson's Office of Campus Safety and Security is to provide a safe and secure environment for the entire College community. We offer a wide variety of services to assist students, staff and faculty members. We look forward to helping you have a positive college experience.