- Student Life Menu
- Housing & Residence Life
- About Housing & Residence Life
- Apply / Pay Deposit
- Room & Board Rates
- Campus Dining
- Suite Options
- Important Dates
- What to Bring
- Resident Handbook
- Meet Our Staff
- RA Selection
- Residence Hall Association
- Student Activities
- Health & Wellness
- Campus Dining
- Campus Safety & Security
- Services for Students
- Health & Wellness Center
- Child Care
- Personal Counseling
- Career Counseling Services
- Job Placement Services
- CARES Team
- Jefferson Community School
- Title IX
- CARES Team
- Student Handbook
- Explore Watertown
- FSA-Faculty Student Association
Home / New Students / Health Services / Immunization Policy / Insurance / Personal Counseling / Drug & Alcohol eCheckUp / Sexual Violence Prevention Program / Smoking Cessation / Health Alerts / Jefferson Community School / Forms
You’re off to college, and may need to think about issues you hadn’t considered before. Here are some helpful hints, along with some useful information.
Official proof of two required MMR’s may be just an Internet search for your last school phone number and a quick call to their health office. Don’t wait until the last minute! Schools might not have your records… if you don’t have this on file within 30 days you’ll be excluded from college. Call us for help if needed.
Required for Residence Hall students, recommended for everyone else. Res Hall students are automatically billed for JCC Health insurance – if you have other health insurance, waive before the deadline or you’ll have two health insurances. No refunds after deadline date!
So, you’re really sick and need to go to the local Urgent Care. Do you have a Health Insurance card? Remember to get one of your own - you’ll need it to seek medical care and to get prescriptions filled.
A Physician Assistant is available twice a week for minor health concerns. On-campus primary medical care is not available, but we can help arrange off campus care. Off campus costs are the responsibility of the student.
- Check out this list for Urgent Care Centers in the local area.
Health & Wellness Center services are free for students. The Registered Nurse provides health guidance, first aid, immunization assistance, helps students with Accidental Insurance medical claims, and arranging off-campus health care.
Required for athletes, nursing, paramedic and early childhood development students. Must be on the JCC form for your program, and available without charge through the JCC Health Office, either directly or by arrangement.
Do you have regularly prescribed medications?
- Check our local pharmacies list to see if your home pharmacy has a store nearby.
- Call to see if they can fill your medication based on your current prescription, or if you will need a new prescription.
- New prescriptions are needed if you are new to the pharmacy.
- Many pharmacies here will deliver to the college.
Generally, your current physician should be able to call in prescriptions to the pharmacy you choose. Remember, you’ll need your prescription drug card for the pharmacy, so you’ll need a card of your own. If you don’t have insurance, check with our office for your best local options.
The Health & Wellness Center sponsors Flu Clinics (FREE for all students), PPD clinics (needed only by Nursing, Paramedic and Animal Management students), and other clinics based on demand (Meningitis, HPV). The local public health department also runs a weekly immunization clinic. Contact us for more information.
Go Ask Alice!
If you’re interested in any health topic, Go Ask Alice probably has an answer for you! No ads, no hype, just straight talk. Can’t find your answer? You can also submit an anonymous question to Ask Alice! for consideration.
The Health & Wellness Center offers a monthly electronic newsletter Student Health 101. This e-newsletter is full of fun facts, helpful tips on stress reduction, health information and more!
- Sign up for delivery to your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Enter your feedback to sign up for monthly $1,000 drawing!
Every Wednesday when classes are in session, stop by from Noon - 2 PM to:
- Grab a free healthy snack,
- Get a FREE back massage from a licensed massage therapist (call our office for an appointment)
- Pick up information on a variety of health topics.
- Talk with a vendor. Table vendors vary from the Vet Center, to Public Health & insurance specialists.
Health and Wellness Center
James McVean Student Center
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday