- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Clery Act Security Report
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Academic Standing, Probation & Dismissal
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Affirmative Consent Definition
- Alcohol and/or Drug Use Amnesty Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
- Sexual Violence Response Procedures
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Students' Bill of Rights
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
Learn More about Allied Health Careers at JCC Oct. 16
JCC will hold an allied health information session for prospective students on Tuesday, October 16 at 4:00 p.m. in Room 6-218, Jules Center (Building 6).
Information session topics include an overview of JCC’s daytime nursing program and weekend nursing program, pre-requisite coursework and admission requirements, the College application process and available financial aid. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about bachelors and advanced degree programs offered by JCC’s Higher Education Center partner institutions SUNY Upstate Medical University and Keuka College. Information will also be available for allied health programs in phlebotomy, pharmacy technician, electrocardiography technician and clinical medical assistant offered by JCC’s Continuing Education Division in partnership with Boston Reed College. JCC expects the allied health workshops to be offered again in Spring 2013.
Graduates of Jefferson’s nursing program receive an associate in applied science degree (A.A.S.) in nursing and are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse. In the past four years, 90% or better of JCC graduates have passed the NCLEX on their first attempt ranking Jefferson among the top nursing schools in New York State. JCC’s nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
JCC’s weekday nursing program is typically of interest to full-time students while the Weekend Nursing Scholar Program is for students seeking part-time study. Both programs are two years in length. Applications for fall admission to the traditional weekday nursing program will be reviewed starting in February. In the event there are spaces available, additional applications will be reviewed in June and again in August until the class is full. Completed applications for spring admission to the Weekend Nursing Scholar Program will be reviewed starting in September.
Space is limited and to ensure a spot in the JCC nursing program, applicants are encouraged to apply sooner rather than later. Pre-requisite coursework must be completed before applying to the JCC nursing degree program and courses may be taken at JCC.
Late session, 4-week classes, run October 18 through December 12. Classes are held on campus, online and on Fort Drum.
To learn more about JCC’s nursing degree program, Higher Education Center partner institutions and allied health workshops, visit www.sunyjefferson.edu.
Contact JCC’s admissions office at 315-786-2277 or email email@example.com to inquire about the upcoming information session.