- News & Events Menu
- News Archive
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- General Education Requirements
- Clery Act Security Report
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Harassment and Discrimination Prohibition Policy
- Sexual Assault Prevention Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Academic Standing, Probation & Dismissal
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- ADA Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Crime Statistics/Crime Rates (Jeanne Clery Act)
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Assault Prevention Statement
- Sexual Harassment/Gender Discrimination
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime/Missing Students
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- College Catalog Archive
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
Students who graduate from Jefferson Community College with a cumulative grade point average between 3.2 and 3.59 will graduate with Honors. Students who graduate with a cumulative grade point average of 3.6 or higher will graduate with High Honors. Such achievement is noted on the student’s official transcript.
Excellence in scholastic achievement at Jefferson Community College is recognized each semester by the compilation of a President’s List and Dean’s List. Such academic achievement is noted on the student’s official transcript.
Full-Time Student Academic Honors Criteria
To be eligible for the President’s List, a student must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours with a grade point index of 3.60 or higher. To be eligible for the Dean’s List, a student must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours with a grade point index between 3.20 and 3.59.
Part-Time Student Academic Honors Criteria
Eligibility for honors recognition by the compilation of a President’s List and a Dean’s List will occur after completion of 12, 24, 36, 48, and 60 credit hours, using the same grade point index criteria as indicated for full-time students.
Students may further distinguish themselves through participation in the Jefferson Community College Honors Program. In order to graduate with the Honors Program designation, a student must complete 12 credit hours of honors course work and maintain a 3.3 grade point average. Three credit hours will come from the INT 250 Honors Seminar, and the other nine hours will come in the form of in-class honors options. Students demonstrating excellent academic achievement in high school or who have completed 12 credit hours of college coursework are invited to apply for admission to the Honors Program. Admission criteria include:
- New Students: Students with a high school Regents cumulative average of 88 or higher will be eligible to apply for the Honors Program.
- Continuing or transfer Students: Students who have a college GPA of 3.5 with at least 12 credits of college-level coursework are eligible to apply for the Honors Program.
Students may receive an Honors Program application from the Admissions Office, the Dean for Curriculum and Instruction or from the Honors Program Coordinator.
The Tau Xi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society for students at two-year colleges, was chartered at Jefferson in 1969. Students who have completed 12 credit hours of college-level coursework at JCC, are matriculated in a degree program, and have attained a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 may be invited to join the Chapter. Eligible students will be invited to join at the beginnings of the fall and spring semesters. Students must also maintain a 3.30 cumulative GPA in order to maintain membership eligibility. For more information about the honor society, contact the Student Activities Center.