- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Standards for Academic Progress Policy
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Affirmative Consent Definition
- Alcohol and/or Drug Use Amnesty Policy
- Course Placement Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
- Sexual Violence Response Procedures
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Students' Bill of Rights
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
Motor Vehicle Regulations
The New York State Motor Vehicle and Traffic Laws are in effect on the Jefferson Community College campus. Campus rules and regulations supplement the State Laws.
The campus speed limit is posted and varies from 10 MPH to 20 MPH on campus roadways and parking lots. Adherence to speed limits is enforcable by Watertown Police, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and New York State Police.
Driving and parking on campus are privileges granted by the President of the College and revocable by the President if prescribed rules and regulations are not followed.
The following parking rules apply:
- Students shall not park in those areas reserved to staff and visitors at any time. It is of particular importance that the visitors parking area be kept clear of vehicles.
- There shall be no parking in those areas designated as service and freight entrances.
- All traffic signs and markings located on the campus are to be followed.
- All vehicles will be parked within the marked spaces.
- Tickets may be issued for violations of campus regulations.
- Offenders are subject to a fine of $25.00 or $50.00 for handicapped parking violations. Student violators may be subject to disciplinary action for repeated violations.
- Tickets must be presented at the Financial Services and Student Records Office within 5 working days with payment. In addition, a $2.00 late fee will be charged for failure to appear within the time limit.
- Students have the right to appeal tickets before the director of Campus Safety & Security and the V.P. for Administration and Finance, if necessary.