JCC Accepting Original Works for Black River Review
Jefferson Community College (JCC) is accepting submissions from alumni, students, faculty, and staff for the 2010 edition of the Black River Review. The Black River Review is a journal of poetry, prose and fine arts. The deadline for volume XX is February 19, 2010.
Submissions should be original work and categorized as one of the following:
- Poetry: 5–7 poems, not to exceed 50 lines each;
- Fiction: 2 short stories, not to exceed 1500 words each;
- Non-fiction: 2 essays, not to exceed 1500 words each;
- Artwork: in the original medium (for example—black ink or pencil drawing, laser printed computer graphics, b/w photographs, even if printed from color film);
- Music: melody 16 measures or more in length, laser printed computer notation.
Upon publication, complimentary copies of the journal will be available for the public at the Campus Bookstore and the Melvil Dewey Library on campus.
Original work may be submitted by mail to: Jefferson Community College, Attn: Josh Dickinson, 1220 Coffeen Street, Watertown, NY 13601 or by visiting Melvil Dewey Library, Room 5-204E.
For more information, call Josh Dickinson, assistant English professor, at 315-786-2221.