- Alumni & Friends Menu
- JCC Foundation
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Foundation Scholarships
- Auxiliary of Mercy of Northern New York Endowed Scholarship
- Brick & Herr Family Scholarship
- Carl O. and Ruth W. Bachman Memorial Scholarship
- Clarence A. Brown Memorial Rotary Club Scholarship
- Dr. John and Claire Adler Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- JCC Alumni Association Scholarship
- JCC Business Division Scholarship
- JCC Women’s Organization Scholarship
- James E. McVean Memorial Scholarship
- Joan Benton Feeney Memorial Scholarship
- Lewis-Merrill Scholarship
- Marcia E. Walton Scholarship
- New York Air Brake LLC Scholarship
- Slack Chemical Company Employee’s Scholarship
- Slack Chemical Company Science Scholarship
- The Anne Chase Maine Nursing Scholarship
- The Arthur and Lola Hewett Memorial Scholarship
- The Bertha Hess Harmon Memorial Scholarship
- The Boone Family Scholarship
- The Carmen A. Cavallario Memorial Fund
- The Constance Walker Monroe Liberal Arts Memorial Scholarship
- The Corporal William A. Brabant Memorial Scholarship
- The Daniel S. Brady Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarship
- The Dr. Chris Ronson Memorial Scholarship
- The Dr. and Mrs. Earle J. Kelsey Nursing Memorial Scholarship
- The Edward N. Redder Memorial Scholarship
- The Eleanor McCracken Memorial Scholarship
- The Franklin J. Mulvana Nursing Scholarship
- The Glenn and Ruth Porter Scholarship
- The Greta and Aziel LaFave Memorial Scholarship
- The House of the Good Samaritan Blanche Livermore Nursing Memorial Scholarship
- The James E. Barbour Memorial Scholarship
- The Jane Gaffney Nursing Memorial Scholarship
- The Jenelle Amedeo Berry and Christina McKenzie Berry Memorial Scholarship
- The Joyce M. Walker Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- The Lori L. Moseley Memorial Scholarship Fund
- The Lyle E. and Ethel F. Sheldon Nursing Memorial Scholarship
- The Maureen Duffy Leonard Nursing Memorial Scholarship
- The McCoy Family Scholarship
- The Michael A. Howard Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- The Michelle DeFranco Nursing Memorial Scholarship
- The Mr. John H. and Mrs. Geraldine U. Sheehan Liberal Arts Scholarship
- The Mr. Louis Saiff, Jr. and Mrs. Clara D. Saiff Memorial Scholarship
- The Nancy L. Sproul Memorial Scholarship
- The Paul E. Dee Hospitality and Tourism Memorial Scholarship
- The Ralph W. and I. Elizabeth Timerman Memorial Scholarship
- The Robert P. Purcell Memorial Engineering Scholarship
- The Rocco P. Canale Education Memorial Scholarship
- The Verne A. Sweet Memorial Business Scholarship
- The Vincent J. Dee Hospitality and Tourism Memorial Scholarship
- The Vincent R. Oliver Memorial Scholarship
- The Walker Family Engineering Scholarship
- The Watertown Rotary Club Scholarship
- The Wendell G. Tucker Memorial Scholarship
- The William J. Carleton Memorial Scholarship
- Create a Scholarship
- Giving to JCC
- Donor Stewardship
- Employee Giving
- Giving to JCC
- Special Events
Giving to JCC
Why Support Jefferson?
As a college of the State University of New York, JCC’s operational budget is supported by state and county funding as well as tuition revenue. Public funding allows JCC to continue to provide top-notch education at a lower tuition rate, maintain small class size, retain a quality faculty, and offer cutting-edge technology and facilities. In short, public funding keeps the lights on at JCC.
Private support allows Jefferson to grow innovative programs and administer scholarships for both financial need and academic excellence, through its fundraising arm, the Jefferson Community College Foundation.
As a result, the Foundation provides more than 250 scholarships, totaling more than $250,000 in aid each year to deserving Jefferson Community College students. The Foundation works with donors to create opportunities for innovations in the classroom and in student support services. In short, private support ensures that JCC continues to be a leader in higher education in the North Country.
When you support Jefferson Community College, you are making a statement that you believe in the importance of quality affordable education for everyone. You are creating new opportunities and new beginnings for students and our greater community. Thank you.
If you are interested in viewing our Annual Appeal, "Be the One", click here.
How to make a gift
Jefferson offers a variety options for making a gift to the College. If you would like to make a gift via mail, please fill out a donation form and mail it to the JCC Foundation at 1220 Coffeen Street, Watertown, NY 13601.
By Cash, Check or Credit Card
The JCC Foundation welcomes donations of cash, checks or credit cards. Please make checks payable to The Jefferson Community College Foundation, and send them to 1220 Coffeen Street, Watertown, NY 13601. To donate via credit card, please call the Foundation office at 315-786-2291 or 315-786-2458. Gifts may also be dropped off at the Foundation office on campus, room 1-112 in the Lansing Administration Building.
Bequests and Planned Gifts
You can leave a lasting gift to JCC through your estate plans. People who chose to support the JCC Foundation with a bequest are welcome to become members of the McVean Legacy Society. A bequest is a gift of any form made through your will. To make such a gift in support of Jefferson, it is recommended that the following language be utilized as part of your will:
"I give, devise and bequeath to the Jefferson Community College Foundation, Inc., Watertown, NY 13601, (percentage of, residue, sum, or description of property), the principal and income of which shall be used for (you may describe a specific purpose for the use of your bequest)."
Memorial and Honorary Gifts
Your generosity can acknowledge someone close to you, and create a lasting tribute. All honorary gifts are acknowledged to the honoree, or in the case of memorial gifts, those left behind are notified of that memorial contribution. These gifts also receive special mention in the annual report of the JCC Foundation.
Gifts to an endowment are an especially effective way to make an honorary or memorial donation, because that gift will live on in perpetuity. Many of JCC’s named scholarships are funded through endowments established to honor the memory of loved ones. Please contact the Foundation office to discuss how to establish a scholarship endowment fund.
We can help you identify honorary or memorial gift opportunities at any level. Please contact us when you are considering making a gift to honor a special person.
By Stock Transfer
The JCC Foundation can accept gifts of securities. Please contact the JCC Foundation to discuss the details needed to complete this type of gift. Your tax advisor can provide you with additional information.
Gifts of real estate, artwork, life insurance, collectables, books, and other items with instructional value can be of great benefit to the College. Specific IRS rules regulate this type of giving - please contact the JCC Foundation for more information on these types of giving opportunities.
To recognize those who have chosen to honor the College with a planned gift, Jefferson invites these individuals to join its McVean Legacy Society. Participation in the Legacy Society is offered only to those visionary individuals who help secure the future of education at Jefferson through planned giving.
McVean Legacy Society benefits include:
- Distinguished recognition in the JCC Foundation annual report
- Exclusive invitation to special College events
Note: Your notification to the JCC Foundation of your inclusion of Jefferson in your estate plan through planned giving, automatically provides for membership in the prestigious McVean Legacy Society, regardless of gift type and size.