- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Advisory Council
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Student Immunization & Meningitis Requirements
New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all students attending New York State Colleges and Universities to show proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. Students registered for six (6) credit hours or more must show proof of immunity within 30 days of classes. Persons born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from the requirement.
Proof of Immunity
In accordance with JCC’s immunization policy, all immunization information should be submitted directly to the Health and Wellness Center.
Jefferson Community College
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
- Two doses of live measles vaccine given no more than four days before the first birthday and the second one at least 28 days after the first, or physician documented history of the disease, or serological evidence (blood test) of immunity.
- One dose of live mumps vaccine given no more than four days before the first birthday, or physician documented history of disease, or serological evidence of immunity.
Rubella (German measles)
- One dose of live rubella vaccine given no more than four days before the first birthday, or serological evidence of immunity.
New York State Public Health Law 2167 requires colleges and universities to distribute information about the meningococcal meningitis disease and vaccination to all students registered for six (6) or more credit hours. The college is required to keep a record of immunization within the past ten years, or an acknowledgement of the receipt of information about the disease risk, and refusal of the meningococcal meningitis immunization signed by the student or parent/guardian if under age 18.
Required: Immunization within the last ten years, or acknowledgment regarding the risks of meningitis disease, along with refusal of meningococcal meningitis immunization. The meningitis response must be signed by the student, or student’s parent or guardian if under age 18, and may be completed in one of two ways:
- Print the Immunization Form. Complete the student information and meningitis sections, then sign, date, and return the form to the Health and Wellness Center in person, by mail, via fax to 315-786-2382, or
- Log in to MyJCC. In the LaunchPad, click on SOAR, then click on Student and Financial Aid, then on Required Meningitis Response.
Note: The online survey is not available to students under age 18, or who have a current Meningitis response on file.