- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Early Childhood A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Business Administration A.S.
The Program (HEGIS Code 5004)
The Business Administration A.S. is a generalist business/liberal arts program. Coursework includes economics and accounting as well as a solid grounding in various areas of general education/liberal arts. There are also enough electives for students to pursue a special interest. The Business Administration AS program is a transfer degree, designed to be the first two years of a 4+ year business education. This program is intended for students who plan to transfer to another college or university, perhaps continuing through a graduate degree or higher. The curriculum is designed to let graduates be successful in any business or business-related transfer program, regardless of the transfer school chosen.
This program positions students who plan to become senior corporate managers or to fill management, leadership, or teaching roles in government, academia, or not-for-profit organizations. It also positions students to enter fields such as:
- Banking and financial services
- International business
- Health care or not-for-profit management
- Consulting/strategic planning
- Human Resource Management
Students graduating from the Business Administration program with an A.S. degree will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and be able to effectively utilize, the technology essential for business applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate, evaluate, analyze, and apply information to make effective business decisions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the four functions of management.
- Successfully meet the SLOs for 7 of the 10 SUNY General Education categories.
Graduates from this program, who continue with their business/leadership education, will be well-positioned to be successful entrepreneurs as well as employees. This usually involves working with banks and other financial institutions who will see an advanced business degree as an indicator of likely business success.
As a leader in a business, government, academic, or other organization, graduates should expect to play a major role in decision-making and shaping the future of their organization.
As a graduate of Jefferson, you will have many transfer opportunities to consider and will be able to choose from a wide variety of colleges and universities to pursue your baccalaureate degree. Jefferson has partnered with some select academic institutions and developed agreements that help students transfer smoothly to specific baccalaureate programs. Currently, formal agreements exist with:
Cazenovia College, Management – Sports Management, B.P.S.
Clarkson University, Financial Information & Analysis, B.S.
Clarkson University, Information Systems & Business Processes, B.S.
Columbia College, Various Programs
Franklin University, Business Administration, B.S.
Franklin University, Management, B.S.
SUNY Canton, Finance, B.B.A.
SUNY Canton, Management, B.B.A.
SUNY Canton, Management, B.B.A.
SUNY Cortland, Sports Management, B.S.
SUNY Oswego, Business Administration, B.S.
Additionally, students can be jointly enrolled in the Business Administration B.S. program through SUNY Potsdam. SUNY Potsdam courses for the B.S. degree are taught on JCC’s campus or online, allowing graduates to move seamlessly through their entire undergraduate education without leaving Jefferson County.
*Select from the Arts (A) or Foreign Language (FL) General Education List
**Select from American History (AH), Western Civ. (WC) or Other World Civ. (OWC) General Education List
***Select from the Natural Sciences General Education List
Kathryn Brownell, Assistant Professor of Business
Application and Admissions Information
Office of Admissions
315-786-2277 or Toll Free 1-888-435-6522