- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Animal Management
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Advisory Council
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
Internet E-Mail Policy
Internet E-Mail Policy
Jefferson Community College acts as a service provider to supply access to the Internet, including electronic mail. In support of the College mission, this access is provided to the College community to:
- Support instruction
- Provide access to information resources for students, faculty and staff research
- Enhance the ability of faculty and staff to maintain contact with colleagues and information resources in their fields
- Support various administrative functions of the College
- Provide electronic communications
In accordance with campus and SUNY security practices, the New York State Information Security Breach and Notification Act, and commitment to protect user privacy and to maintain machines in optimal working order, measures to prevent adware/spyware/malware on campus-owned computers will be taken according to this policy.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
- Email provided by Jefferson Community College for faculty and staff is for College business only.
- Access to email and the Internet is a privilege provided at the discretion of the College and as such may be revoked.
- All messages are the property of Jefferson Community College.
- Except as provided by applicable laws, regulations or other College policies, the content of electronic communications is not by itself a basis for disciplinary action.
- Unlawful communications, as defined by law, are prohibited.
- Student email is provided through a contract with an outside vendor. Students are expected to use this email responsibly and in accordance with all applicable JCC; SUNY policies; policies of the contracted vendor; and, local, state and federal laws.
- Students are responsible for information forwarded to them by the College through the College provided student email.
- Access to and use of student email is considered a privilege accorded at the discretion of Jefferson Community College. The College maintains the right to immediately withdraw the access and use of student email when there is reason to believe that violations of law or College policies have occurred.
- Users of student email are strictly prohibited from accessing files and information other than their own.
- Anyone accessing the Internet and Electronic Mail through the College’s services shall be expected to act in accordance with College policies, contracts and rules of conduct and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- The College requires virus protection for all devices attached to the college network.
- The College shall provide a list of usage rules to assist users in understanding the purpose of Internet and Email.
- The Board of Trustees hereby authorizes the President, or his/her designee, to develop and establish appropriate standards and procedures to implement and enforce this policy.