- About JCC Menu
- Mission & Vision
- Quick Facts
- College Directory
- College Administration
- College Departments
- Academic Advisement
- Continuing Education
- Learning Skills
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Student Records
- Title IX
- Animal Management
- Zoo Technology
- Health & Wellness Center
- Higher Education Center
- Lab Sciences
- Board of Trustees
- Alumni Association Board
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Board of Legislators
- Employment Resources
- Current Openings
- Benefits of Working at JCC
- Professional Employment Application
- Employment Opportunities - Instructions
- Employment Opportunities Professional, Clerical, Student, Auxiliary
- JHEC Partner Opportunities
- Contact Human Resources
- Maps and Directions
- Applications and Forms
The Courtyard is the dining center for the campus community. The courtyard serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and is located off of the Commons area in the McVean Student Center.
The courtyard hours are Monday - Thursday from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM and Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
The courtyard offers a limited menu after 3:00 PM.
The Faculty Student Association offers the opportunity to establish prepaid debit accounts. The accounts, known as CannonCash, offer students and faculty a convenient method for making purchases in the bookstore, the courtyard, vending machines and the student activities office.
Your SUNYCard acts as your Cannon Cash debit card. Funds can be added at any time and the account is debited at the time of purchase. Cannon Cash purchases made in the courtyard are discounted 5%. Unused Cannon Cash funds will roll over from the Fall to the Spring semester. Funds left unused at the end of the Spring semester or upon withdrawal from the college are non-refundable.
At the beginning of each semester, students with established financial aid accounts in the bookstore may designate a portion of that aid to be added to their Cannon Cash account. See any of our bookstore associates for assistance. Deposits can also be made by cash, check or major credit card in the SUNYCard office during normal business hours.
The Faculty Student Association offers four weekly meal plan options and one block plan. Meal plans offer exceptional value to students who regularly dine at the courtyard. Each meal plan includes a combination of prepaid weekly meals and Cannon Cash. Because meal plan allowances are discounted by 15% and are not subject to NYS sales tax, students can save as much as $100.00 over the course of a semester.
Under the plan, students receive an allowance of $6.25 for each meal used. The actual cost of the meal allowance is discounted 15% so that one meal allowance costs the student $5.30. As a qualified meal plan, meal allowances are not subject to New York State sales tax. The total savings per meal is $.95.
Students can use their meal allowances at any time during the week up to the weekly limit for the option chosen. For example, under the 5-Meal Option, a student receives 5 meal allowances for each full week of classes. Unused meal allowances do not roll over from week to week and are forfeited at the end of each week. Meal allowances are prorated for weeks where classes are in session for less than 5 days according to an established schedule. The block plan gives you 70 meals per semester and do not roll over to the next semester.
Things to Know
- FSA has the right of first refusal for any catered event on campus.
- Pricing may vary depending on menu choices.
- All prices are per person unless otherwise noted.
- Allow $50 per guest for china. Allow $20 per guest for linens.
- Items beyond our basic inventory (i.e. rental items) will be charged accordingly.
- Prices are for buffet service.
- Waiter/waitress service available at additional cost.
- Please allow 20 minutes before and after service for setup and cleanup.
- Please contact the Facilities department directly to book the room for your event.
- We're sorry, but FSA does not procure or provide alcoholic beverages for catered events.
- There is a $15 minimum charge for any catered event.
- When school is not in session, there is a minimum requirement to book your event.
- Costs for seasonal items vary significantly.
- We will endeavor to keep prices as fair and consistent as possible.
Book an Event
When you're ready to book your catering event, you will need to submit a catering contract. This document provides us with all of the information we will need to service the event and complete the billing process. Please consider the following in planning your event:
- We require two weeks advance notice for any catering event.
- You will need to provide a preliminary estimate of attendance when booking your event. We will use this number to order sufficient product to service the event.
- At least 2 business days prior to the event, we will need a guarantee of the attendance number for the event. We will use this number when we actually prepare food for the event.
- We prepare enough food to cover a small overage in attendance in case a few extra people attend the event. Please note that we will not have sufficient food to cover large increases in attendance over the guarantee amount.
- You will be billed for the guarantee or the actual number of people who are served at your event, whichever is greater.
Coffee, drink and snack machines are located in the following areas:
- Building 2 - Samuel Guthrie Building (Basement)
- Building 3 - John Foster Dulles Building (Main Lobby)
- Building 4 - James E. McVean College Center (Basement)
- Building 5 - Melvin Dewey Library (Basement)
Please report any problems with vending machines by calling Ext. 2284 or Ext. 2412. Refunds can be obtained from the courtyard or the FSA office in room 4-004 of the McVean building (Building 4).
During the summer months when the courtyard is closed, refunds can be obtained from the FSA Office or the bookstore.
All vending machines will accept cash or Cannon Cash using your SUNYCard.
The Faculty-Student Association is a not-for-profit organization that provides ancillary services in support of the mission of Jefferson Community College.