- Admissions Menu
- How to Apply
- Admission Requirements
- Forms and Applications
- Contact Admissions
- Visit Campus
- Accepted Student Information
- Request Information
Accepted Student Information
Welcome to Jefferson Community College and congratulations on your acceptance! The following information will be helpful in preparing for a successful start.
Your acceptance letter indicates which academic program that you have been admitted to and also other important information including your Jefferson ID# (J#) and whether you need to schedule a Placement Test. Read it again and be sure that you have been admitted to the right program and for the right semester!
- Apply for financial aid even if you think you may not qualify.
- Immunization requirements must be complete. Please call the Health & Wellness Center if you have questions or concerns at 315-786-2376.
- Your acceptance letter will advise if you must complete Placement Testing. Placement testing is required if you have not completed college coursework in English or math at another college or have not been waived based on high school preparation. Information concerning studying and scheduling is available. You cannot register until you have completed placement testing.
- MyCORE is designed to help you familiarize yourself with the tools you need to succeed and to help facilitate your transition and integration into the college learning environment. By participating in this orientation you will:
- Learn what it means to be a student at Jefferson Community College and to be a part of this unique and innovative community
- Be more familiar with the academic resources and Personal support services that are available to you to help you succeed
- Feel more comfortable with campus processes such as registration, math and English placement exams, and paying tuition
- Learn more about campus life outside of class
- Feel more confident about your transition to Jefferson Community College
- Registration information and dates are determined by the semester you plan to begin classes. It is your responsibility to call the Advising, Career & Transfer Center (ACTC Center) to schedule you registration appointment.
- You will receive a tuition bill after you register for classes that must be paid by the deadline date or you will be dropped from your classes and you will need to re-register.
- Orientation for new students is strongly recommended as it provides an opportunity to be better prepared for a successful semester.
- Sign up for NYAlert to be notified of campus closings, delays and emergencies.
- Get your SUNY ID Card in the (Faculty Student Association FSA) office, Room 4-004 of the McVean Student Center (Building #4).
- Check out your login information and directions for connecting to our wireless network so you can check College communications through MyJCC and email.
- If you think you may require accommodative services, please review eligibility criteria.