- Tuition & Financial Aid Menu
- Tuition & Fees
- Applying for Aid
- Types of Aid
- Aid for Military / Veterans
- Net Price Calculator
- Pay My Bill
- Maintaining Your Aid
- Forms & Applications
- Financial Literacy
Tuition & Fees - Academic Year 2012/2013
Tuition and fees are due at registration and may be paid by MasterCard, VISA, Discover, Tuition Payment Plan, cash, check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to ‘Jefferson Community College.’ Students are not officially enrolled until all charges have been paid. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
The Net Price Calculator is intended to give you an estimate of what it might cost, direct and indirect, to attend Jefferson Community College. Use these helpful tips when utilizing the Net Price Calculator.
Tuition refunds are based on semester length and withdrawal date.
New York State resident from sponsorship area or non-resident of sponsorship area with a certificate of residence
New York State resident not from sponsorship area and without a certificate of residence
Non–New York State resident
All fees are non-refundable.
Comprehensive Student Fee
- Fall and Spring Semesters: $11/credit hour
- Summer Session: $2/credit hour
- Accident (mandatory): $23/year or $14 per spring/summer semester
- Screening Fee: $15 one-time charge
Usage Fee: $30/semester
Course- or Program-based Fees
- Course Lab/Materials Fee: variable ($5–$50)
- Credit by Examination Fee: $15/credit hour
- Directed Study Processing Fee: $5/course
- Non-Credit Course Fee: variable ($10–$250)
- Nursing Program Fee: $250 per semester
- Online Learning Fee: $12/credit hour
- Technology Fee: $6/credit hour
- Alumni Fee (optional): $10/semester
- College-Level Examination Program: $20/exam
- Computer Lab Fee (Community Members): $40/semester
- Diploma Replacement: $30
- Document/Check Replacement: $5/copy
- Facsimile: $5/occurrence
- Health Transcript: $5/occurrence
- Parking Fines: variable ($10–$100)
- Returned Check: $20/check
- ID/SUNY Card Replacement: $10
- Transcript: $8/copy
Military Credit Inventory
- Application/Evaluation Fee: $125
- Credit Inventory Update: $35
- Official Transcript: $6
The Net Price Calculator is intended to give you an estimate of both indirect and direct costs to attend Jefferson Community College.
The automatic tuition payment plan allows you to authorize automatic monthly payments from your bank account or credit card.
Certificate of Residence
Residents of Jefferson County
Once each academic year, a student is required by law to present a Certificate of Residence indicating that he or she has been a legal resident of New York State for one year and Jefferson County for six months prior to registration. Students admitted to or returning to the College must complete a Certificate of Residence form (PDF).
Other New York State Residents
Students admitted to the College will be emailed a link for the Application for Certificate of Residence with their tuition e-bill notification. This application must be completed and returned to the County Treasurer of the county in which the student resided for the six-month period prior to registration. The County Treasurer will then issue a Certificate of Residence which must be returned to the College. This resident status must be certified each year.
Your Certificate of Residence must be completed and returned before any non-resident tuition charges are removed. If you do not submit the form within the required timeframe, generally 30 days from the start of the semester, you will be responsible for all additional non-resident charges.
Senior Citizen Policy
Citizens 60 years of age or older who wish to audit credit courses on a space available basis may do so tuition-free.
Outstanding Financial Obligations
Unpaid financial obligations will be assigned to an external collection agency. All collection and related legal costs will be added to the amount of indebtedness.