- Tuition & Financial Aid Menu
- Tuition & Fees
- Applying for Aid
- Types of Aid
- Aid for Military / Veterans
- Net Price Calculator
- Pay My Bill
- Maintaining Your Aid
- Applications and Forms
- Financial Literacy
Applying for Aid
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The financial aid application process begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To file the FAFSA, you must apply online at www.fafsa.gov. It is recommended that you apply for financial aid no later than April 1 for the next academic year in order to receive full consideration for all financial aid.
- If you are a new or returning student, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our Federal School code is 002870
Very late applicants—those who apply after July 1 for the Fall semester, December 1 for the Spring semester, and April 1 for the Summer semester—should follow the late applicant instructions
- TAP. TAP is for full-time students only; part-time students may apply for Aid for Part Time Study (APTS). Contact us for an APTS application.
- If you file the FAFSA online and indicate that you are a NYS resident attending a NY school, click on the “New York Residents” section of the FAFSA confirmation page and you will automatically be taken to TAP on the Web.
- If you miss this opportunity or file a paper FAFSA, you may apply for TAP online at www.tapweb.org approximately two weeks after your FAFSA has been processed.
- You will need a federal PIN. Our TAP school code is 2220.
- If you need a student loan, print the Direct Student Loan Application and Instructions form and follow the directions on the first page.
- After you have been accepted, the Jefferson Community College Financial Services Office will send a Financial Aid Award Letter explaining your financial aid awards. The U.S. Department of Education will send a Student Aid Report (SAR) to your e-mail account (or mail, if you did not specify an e-mail account on your FAFSA) after you file the FAFSA. New York Higher Education Services will send a TAP Award Notification via email.
- If you are looking for a part-time job to help supplement your aid, check out the Job Placement opportunities online at Cannonlink.
Applying for financial aid can be confusing, especially for new students. To begin the application process, please contact our office for an application packet at email@example.com or by calling 315-786-2355 (toll free at 1-888-435-6522). The Financial Services Office is located in the Jules Center in Suite 6-024.
Office Hours During the School Year
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Office Hours During the Summer
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Jefferson Community College Financial Services
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601