- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Clery Act Security Report
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Academic Standing, Probation & Dismissal
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Assault Prevention Statement
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
Join JCC Music Ensembles & Share Your Love for Making Music
Area musicians, of all ages and levels of experience, are invited to share their love of making music with the Jefferson Community College (JCC) music ensembles. Musicians meet weekly in Sturtz Theater on campus when the College is in session.
JCC’s jazz rock ensemble, conducted by Steven Lester, will meet Tuesdays, August 28 through December 18 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. JCC’s orchestra and wind ensemble will meet on Wednesdays, August 29 through December 12. Under the baton of conductor Dan Moser, orchestra musicians will meet from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. followed by wind musicians at 7:45 p.m. Community members may choose to join one or both orchestra/wind ensembles.
At the conclusion of the fall semester, two concerts will be held in December for the community. Admission is free to attend.
JCC’s music ensembles are credit-bearing humanities courses open to anyone. Community members may register to join JCC’s music ensembles for $40 by calling the JCC Continuing Education Division at 315-786-2233. Individuals over the age of 59 may request a course audit and join for free by calling the JCC Advising, Career and Counseling Center at 315-786-2271.
Jazz Rock Ensemble
Tuesdays, August 28 – December 18 / 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Orchestra and Wind Ensemble
Wednesdays, August 29 - December 12
Orchestra: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Wind: 7:45 – 9:15 p.m.
Orchestra and wind: 6:00 – 9:15 p.m.