- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Zoo Technology A.A.S.
- Agri-Business, A.A.S.
- Energy Technology Certificate
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S. Allied Health Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Math Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.: Science Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Philosophy and Religion
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Films, Music, and Images
- Research and Subject Guides
- Interlibrary Loan
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- About the Library
- Faculty Resources
- Alumni and Community
- Library Hours
- Contact Information
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Commencement Information
- Programs of Study
Welcome to Distance Learning at Jefferson Community College!
For flexibility, freedom and life experience!
Distance learning (DL) at Jefferson Community College offers the flexibility for you to continue your education by providing courses in a variety of delivery methods. We are committed to providing learning opportunities for you, who – by choice or by circumstance – are looking for alternate ways to achieve your academic and professional development goals. All of our DL students share a common aim: to overcome limitations of time or location by using distance learning options in pursuit of their educational goals.
You may enroll in DL courses for a variety of reasons:
- To update your job skills or prepare for a new career
- To continue your education while in the military and deployed to various locations around the world
- To enroll in a degree not available to you locally
- To balance your studies with work, family, and other life responsibilities
JCC has more than 100 distance learning courses offered in a variety of disciplines and in several formats including:
- Fully online courses delivered entirely through the web. We offer six degrees that can be completed totally online
- Hybrid courses combining face-to-face classroom instruction with online learning
- Web-enhanced courses using traditional face-to-face classes augmented with online tools
- Interactive Television (ITV) where the instructor and students are located at several sites and live, interactive communication among the instructor and students occurs regardless of the location
- Classes taught at various off-campus locations
A complete list of Distance Learning course offerings and descriptions is available online. Choose the Registration Term and click Submit. In the Instructional Methods box, choose Online-Blackboard, Hybrid, Interactive Television or Classroom at Ft. Drum, and then click Submit.
Jefferson Community College has everything you need to get started with your successful college experience! The admissions office and Welcome Center staff is committed to help you along the way. Send us a request for more information call with questions (315-786-2277) or visit the campus.
- Students who plan to transfer to JCC from another college, and students returning to JCC after a semester or more away, should contact the JCC Advising, Career and Transfer Center at 315-786-2271 to register for classes now.
- New students who plan to enroll at Jefferson should apply for admission now in order to register for classes. Applying to JCC is free! To request an application through mail, call the JCC Admissions office at 315-786-2277.
Office of Admissions
Room 6-007, Jules Center
1220 Coffeen Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Tel: 315-786-2277 or toll-free 888-435-6522 (ask for Admissions)
Office Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Want to learn more? Check out the links to the left under Distance Learning to find the style that is right for you!