- Academics Menu
- Programs of Study
- Bachelors & Advanced Degrees
- Honors Program
- Academic Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Accounting A.S.
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Business Administration (jointly registered with SUNY Potsdam) A.S./B.S.
- Computer Information Systems A.S.
- Computer Information Technology A.A.S.
- Computer Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice A.S.
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Early Childhood AAS
- Engineering Science AS
- Fire Protection Technology Certificate
- Fire Protection Technology AAS
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Culinary Arts Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism Certificate
- Human Services AS
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A. Literature Concentration
- Liberal Arts- Childhood Education AA/BA
- Individual Studies AA, AS, AAS
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Humanities & Social Sciences A.A.- Creative Writing Concentration
- Liberal Arts & Sciences - Mathematics & Science A.S.
- Office Studies Certificate
- Office Technologies - Administrative Assistant A.A.S.
- Paralegal A.A.S.
- Office Technologies - Medical A.A.S.
- Paramedic AAS
- Paramedic Certificate
- Physical Education, A.S.
- Renewable Energy Management Certificate
- Sports Management AS
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Winery Management & Marketing Certificate
- Chemical Dependency A.A.S.
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Hotel/Restaurant Management Concentration
- Hospitality and Tourism A.A.S. Winery Management and Marketing Concentration
- Course Listing
- Distance Learning
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Courses
- Web-Enhanced Classes
- Interactive Television Courses (ITV)
- Off-Campus Locations
- Degree and Class Offerings
- Tips for Success
- Technical Considerations
- Proctored Exams
- Online Readiness
- Distance Learning FAQ
- Getting Help & Contact Information
- Resources and Support Services
- Complaint Procedures
- Register for Classes
- Articles - JCC Databases
- General Uses Databases
- Art and Music
- English and Literature
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Science and Technology
- Biographical Information
- Career Information
- Criminal Justice, Law, and Governnment
- Controversial Issues
- Films and Documentaries
- Newspapers and More
- World Cultures
- A to Z List of Databases
- Interlibrary Loan
- Research Guides
- Ask a Librarian
- Citing Sources
- Distance Learners
- Info Literacy Tutorial
- Library Toolkit
- About the Library
- Contact Information
- Faculty Resources
- Library Hours
- Community & Outreach
- JCC Alumni
- College in High School
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Support Services
- Student Records/Transcripts
- College Catalog
- Programs of Study
Articles and E-books
- World History Collection
Provides full-text articles from the fields of history, anthropology, the arts, culture, economics, political science, and sociology.
Provides full-text, scholarly articles in several disciplines including history, anthropology, political science, and sociology. Includes the complete run of issues, providing articles over 100 years old. For many titles, the content of the most recent 3-5 years is not included.
- Humanities E-Books
Provides access to a collection high quality electronic books covering historical as well as multi-disciplinary topics.
- Daily Life Online
Provides full-text articles on the cultural history of many nations worldwide, covering all periods of human civilization.
- Military and Government Collection
Provides many full-text articles from scholarly journals and general magazines pertaining to all branches of the military and government. Includes excellent coverage of military history.
- Pop Culture Universe
An authoritative source of information on American and world popular culture, past and present, with full text from hundreds of reference publications. Includes images, “Decades Pages”, Web links and more.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
Provides full-text articles on world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history and philosophy.
- Annals of American History Online
Provides documents relating to United States history, including speeches, historical accounts, memoirs, interviews, and images.
- New York Times Archive
Provides complete contents of the New York Times, beginning with the newspaper's first issue in 1851! For the last 3 years, see LexisNexis or Custom Newspapers.
- Northern New York Historical Newspapers (Northern New York Library Network) Provides articles from local historical newspapers, some dating back as far as the early 1800s.
Electronic version of Harpers Weekly covering the Civil War period, 1857 - 1865.