- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Clery Act Security Report
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Academic Standing, Probation & Dismissal
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Affirmative Consent Definition
- Alcohol and/or Drug Use Amnesty Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence
- Sexual Violence Response Procedures
- Sexual Violence Victim/Survivor Bill of Rights
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
JCC Hosts 2nd Community Fair and Dollar Dinner Feb. 16
Jefferson Community College (JCC) will host its second Community Resources Fair themed “Celebrating Winter Together” on Wednesday, February 16 from 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Jules Center Commons. The fair is free and open to the community.
The fair is a great opportunity for North Country residents and newcomers to learn about area services and activities available to them. New and returning vendors will provide information on a variety of topics including winter recreational opportunities, fitness programs, family support services, pet adoption programs, and more.
JCC will also hold a Dollar Dinner from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Walker Instructional Dining Room of the Jules Center. “The dinner celebrates the college’s continuing commitment of service to the community,” said Gail W. Miller, executive director of college outreach at JCC. Dinner includes spaghetti and meatballs, salad, rolls, and beverages and, for dessert, a slice of 50th anniversary cake. Takeouts will be available.
In honor of Jefferson’s 50th anniversary, Jefferson professor emeritus and snow sculptor Klaus Ebeling, along with ice sculptor Jerry Merrill, will provide a special 50th ice sculpture for the dollar dinner centerpiece.
Dollar Dinner coupons are available at the door and at these locations: Community Action Planning Council, 518 Davidson Street; Salvation Army, 723 State Street; Watertown Urban Mission, 247 Factory Street; and Jefferson Community College Outreach Office, Room 3-103A, Dulles Building.
For more information about the Community Resources Fair and Dollar Dinner, call the JCC outreach office at 315-786-2257.
This event is organized by the Jefferson Community College Outreach Office in addition to dollar dinner sponsors—Watertown Urban Mission, Northern New York Community Foundation, and the Faculty Student Association at JCC.
SUNY Jefferson: Celebrating 50 Years of Learning ~ Changing Lives
Established on November 7, 1961, Jefferson Community College was the area’s first institution of higher education. Supervised by the State University of New York (SUNY), Jefferson offers 30+ associate degrees and certificates for career preparation or transfer; local access to bachelor’s and advanced degrees through partner institutions; lifelong learning through workshops and seminars; business and industry training; and cultural enrichment opportunities for the entire Watertown/Fort Drum region. Jefferson is accredited by the Middle States Association and currently serves approximately 3,800 students from Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego, and St. Lawrence counties, including a significant number of service members and their families.
Visit www.sunyjefferson.edu/events/50th/ for more information about 50th anniversary events taking place from January through November of 2011.