- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Clery Act Security Report
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Academic Standing, Probation & Dismissal
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Crime Statistics/Crime Rates (Jeanne Clery Act)
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Assault Prevention Statement
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
Bubblemania & Twin Magicians for Families at JCC Feb. 22
Looking for something to do with the kids during February break? Jefferson Community College (JCC) Student Activities Center will host two family-oriented performances featuring Bubblemania and Twin Magicians on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. in the Robert R. and Jean S. Sturtz Theater.
The whole family will enjoy Bubblemania when professional entertainer Doug Rougeux fills the stage with bubbles galore using his super-duper bubble hoop and wand. From bubble kisses and space ships to bubble chains and bubbles within bubbles, patrons will ooh and ah at his creativity. In addition to clowning around with bubbles, Rougeux will include miming, juggling, and other theatrical acts in his performance.
Since 1984, Rougeux has been entertaining audiences all over the world. As a graduate of Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Clown College, he has gone on two international tours with the Ringling Brothers Circus, which took him to Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Stateside he has entertained myriad patrons at Madison Square Garden, the Los Angeles Forum, and the Louisiana Superdome.
Doug has made appearances on CBS and USA Today and has been published in Life magazine. He holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University at Buffalo. He is also an original member of the touring theatre group Enchantment Theater Company (formerly Landis and Company Theater of Magic, Inc.) based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
After the bubbles have burst, brothers David and Paul Jackman, known as the “Twin Magicians,” will take the stage. Dazzling audiences young and old alike since 1973, the Twin Magicians combine their good-natured humor with juggling, illusions, and old-fashioned magic.
David Jackman, a Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Clown College graduate, has been performing magic since the age of 12. The other brother that comprises Twin Magicians, Paul Jackman, has taken his act on the road performing a musical game show entitled “That Tune Show.” The brothers share a common goal, to entertain, and are experts at their craft. The Twin Magicians have appeared together at state fairs, festivals, and corporate and private functions as well as at a previous performance at JCC in 2009.
General admission is $5 and tickets may be purchased from the JCC Student Activities Center, Room 4-100 of the McVean Center, or by calling 315-786-2431. JCC students presenting SUNY ID will receive two free tickets. Advanced ticket sales are recommended!
Sponsored by Student Activities at JCC.