- News & Events Menu
- Events Calendar
- College Catalog
- College Catalog Archive
- General Education Requirements
- Clery Act Security Report
- Statement of Student Development
- Academic Calendar
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Statement and Objectives of General Education
- Title IX Coordinator
- Academic Fresh Start
- Academic Honesty
- Academic Honors
- Academic Reinstatement
- Academic Standing, Probation & Dismissal
- Admission and Enrollment for Students Below the Age of Compulsory Attendance
- Change of Curriculum
- Change of Name/Address
- Course Information & Policies
- Course Placement
- Credit Hours/GPI
- Degree and Certificate Requirements
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Late Registration/Withdrawals
- Pass-Fail-Credit by Exam/Directed Study
- Physical Education
- Repeating a Course
- Schedule Limitation
- Accommodation Policy
- Children on Campus
- Copyright Policy
- Drug-Free Campus Policy
- Hate/Bias-Related Crime Prevention Statement
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing & the DMCA
- Sexual Assault Prevention Statement
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Prohibition Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Statement of Civility
- Statement on Order of Protection
- Statement on Violent Felony Crime
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Student Rights, Freedoms & Responsibilities
- Student Code of Conduct
- College Catalog
- Campus Videos
- Public Relations
- Social Media Directory
Are You Academically Ready for College? Summer Bridge & L.E.A.D. Can Help
Jefferson Community College offers two summer academic support programs to bring new students up to speed—the STAR (Strategies to Achieve Results)Summer BridgeProgram and theL.E.A.D.(Learning Encouragement and Academic Development) Program.
Summer Bridgeis designed to give new students the opportunity to bridge the gap between the current academic abilities and college-level coursework. Summer Bridge participants will build up their reading, writing, and math skills and improve information and computer literacy. As participants in the Summer Bridge program, students will receive full ongoing STAR program services and may, upon completion, be eligible for need-based scholarships. The only cost for Summer Bridge is for the textbook.
To be eligible for the Summer Bridge program, students must:
- be accepted to JCC and enrolled in a degree program and
- be in need of academic support and
- be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or naturalized citizen and
- meet one of the following criteria: be a first generation student (neither parent nor guardian has earned a bachelor’s degree), or have a documented disability, or be a low-income student.
The Summer Bridge program begins July 12 and wraps up August 19. Students meet Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on JCC’s campus in Watertown.
Interested candidates may call 315-786-6555 or stop by Room 6-217 in the Jules Center from 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. to complete aSTAR application (PDF)and speak with an advisor.The STAR program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education TRIO grant.
TheL.E.A.D. Programprovides the necessary tools to help incoming students improve their academic performance. Upon successful completion of the program, students will retake the college placement test and may test out of developmental courses before the Fall 2010 semester begins. Participants will engage in writing, reading, and math group exercises led by JCC Learning and Success Center (LSC) tutors. To be eligible for L.E.A.D., candidates must have applied and been accepted to Jefferson.
The L.E.A.D. program begins July 6 and wraps up August 13. Students meet four hours per week on JCC’s campus in Watertown. The program fee is $35.
For more information about the L.E.A.D. program or how to apply, call the JCC Learning and Success Center at 315-786-2288.
Summer Bridge Program
- Monday–Thursday, July 12–August 19
- 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Fee: cost of the textbook
- Info: 315-786-6555
- July 6–August 16
- Participants meet 4 hours a week
- Fee: $35
- Info: 315-786-2288