- Tuition & Financial Aid Menu
- Tuition & Fees
- Applying for Aid
- Types of Aid
- Aid for Military / Veterans
- Net Price Calculator
- Pay My Bill
- Maintaining Your Aid
- Applications and Forms
- SUNY Smart Track / Money Management Resources
Are you a late applicant?
You are a late applicant if you want to use financial aid to pay your bill and it is after:
- July 1 and you want to start classes during the fall semester (August);
- December 1 and you want to start classes during the spring semester (January);
- April 1 and you want to start during the summer semester (June).
We strongly recommend late applicants apply online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov to be sure that your financial aid will be completed on time. Select “Entering a FAFSA online” and then the “Fill out a FAFSA” option. If you choose to mail the application, plan on four to six weeks for processing.
Late Applicants should follow these instructions:
- If you do not have a FSA ID, go to https://fsaid.ed.gov to request one. If you are required to report parental income, one parent must also request an FSA ID.
- Complete the paper application or the application worksheet (available at www.fafsa.ed.gov) and then enter your application at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Print the application and confirmation page and bring these to the Financial Services Office prior to your registration appointment. We will estimate your financial aid awards based on your confirmation page. Important: We do not process late applications once classes begin, you must apply and provide your information to the Financial Services Office prior to the start of classes.
- Your estimated financial aid will be posted to your account and you may check your award online in MyJCC.
- CAUTION: You may be selected for verification. If selected, the Financial Services Office will contact you by mail. You will be required to provide tax forms (and, if necessary, your parents’) before your aid can be finalized. If you do not have copies of your tax forms, order a free copy now from the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.