Tracking Pixel

Jefferson Community College Website


What are the school codes for SUNY Jefferson?

Title IV (for FAFSA): 002870
TAP code: 2220
CEEB code: 23

What are the Financial Services/Enrollment Services office hours?

9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday (note: office opens at 1 p.m. on Monday, August 21, 2017). We are part of Enrollment Services and are located in the ground floor of the Jules building, room 6-010.

How do I add SUNY Jefferson to my Student Aid Report (SAR)?

You may do this online at (Go to the FAFSA Corrections on the site and add more schools by submitting a correction to your FAFSA information. You will need your PIN for this option.) You may also call 1-800-4-FED-AID to add SUNY Jefferson to the SAR. You must have the 4-digit DRN number that appears on your Student Aid Report.

Our federal code is 002870. We will receive your financial aid information about 5 days after you add SUNY Jefferson over the phone or online.

If you do not have your SAR, please call 1-800-4-FED-AID or request a duplicate SAR at After you receive the duplicate copy with the DRN number, call the number again and add SUNY Jefferson. It takes 7 to 10 days to receive a duplicate SAR.

Can you tell me if you have received my financial aid information yet?

Please use MyJCC  to access your financial aid information. You can check to see if your financial aid has been posted to your account or if we are waiting for any outstanding documents from you.  You will need to follow the login instruction on the main login page to access the portal.

My parents do not support me, do I still need to put their information on the FAFSA?

Yes—unless you are married, a veteran, an orphan, a ward of the court, already have a bachelor’s degree, or have dependents. If you have dependents, you must have enough income to provide half of the child’s support.

How do I apply for a work-study job?

  • Apply for financial aid by filing the FAFSA. Check that you are interested in work-study on the FAFSA.
  • Check your financial aid award letter to see if you are work-study eligible.
  • Work-study will be included in your financial aid package if you are eligible for it and you indicated an interest on your FAFSA.
  • Check the employment listings on the Career Placement & Planning Services and the Financial Services bulletin boards. A job book is also available in the Counseling Center with details of open positions.
  • Contact the employer for a job that interests you.
  • You may need to interview for the position.
  • The employer will contact you if you are hired and help you get started!

How do I apply for a loan?

  1. You must first file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  2. You must also apply for and be admitted to a degree program at SUNY Jefferson.
  1. After you receive the Student Aid Report (SAR), you may submit a request for a loan by following the Direct Student Loan Instructions

How can I estimate what out-of-pocket costs I'll have to pay for College?

The Net Price Calculator provides students and parents an estimate of the total annual cost of attending SUNY Jefferson. Please note that the numbers provided are only an *estimate* of potential direct and indirect costs. Actual out-of-pocket cost may be more or less than the estimate. You must file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and complete the TAP application (New York state residents only) to receive a full analysis.

Can I take courses at another college while I am a student at SUNY Jefferson and receive aid for them?

Yes, if you are matriculated here (accepted into a degree), taking courses at SUNY Jefferson, and taking courses at another college that will transfer back into your degree program here. Download the Consortium Agreement and return it to the Assistant Director of Financial Services in the Enrollment Services office (Jules Center).

I am a student at another college and need courses at SUNY Jefferson. Can I receive aid for them?

Yes. You should contact your college’s Financial Aid Office for a “Consortium Agreement” and find out the steps they require. Your other college will pay your tuition bill at SUNY Jefferson using your financial aid. The form is usually faxed to SUNY Jefferson and you will need to have your college’s Bursar’s Office send a payment letter to the SUNY Jefferson Enrollment Services within five business days after you register. 

Do you have a payment plan?

Yes, an automatic payment plan is available and can be accessed through the MyJCC.  There is a $25 enrollment fee per semester to enroll in the payment plan.  Automatic payment will be debited from your credit card or bank once you have enrolled. 

Can I get an emergency loan?

A limited amount of emergency loan funds are available for students with emergency situations. Emergency situations are unplanned events. The loan funds are borrowed against your financial aid.

I have special financial circumstances in my life. I have been unemployed for six months. Can I get any extra help?

Significant (usually 20% or more) changes in income for uncontrollable reasons (lost job, illness, etc) may allow the Financial Services Office to make adjustments to your prior year’s income. Please contact our office for a Special Conditions Application link to Special Condition Form.” These situations require documentation.

How do I get started with my VA benefits?

Application packets for VA benefits are available in the Veteran’s Services Office. We also have a Veteran’s Counselor in the office to assist you.

Which certificates meet "Gainful Employment" requirements?

To meet requirements for Title IV funding, an educational program must lead to a degree or certificate that prepares students for "gainful employment in a recognized occupation." SUNY Jefferson offers several qualifying certificate programs.


Do I need a student loan at SUNY Jefferson?
Borrowing for college is an important decision in planning for your future. A student loan can be a tool to help you reach your educational goals; however, it will become a permanent part of your personal financial record and MUST be repaid. 

One of the benefits of attending our community college is that you can receive an affordable and outstanding education.  By determining your actual borrowing needs, you can help reduce your overall level of debt, preserve your lifetime loan eligibility for future educational needs, and help prevent difficulties in meeting your minimum repayment obligations. Consider this element of financial literacy as an important part of your education!

Am I eligible for a student loan?
Not all students are eligible to receive a Direct Stafford Loan.  Federal regulations require that we use information from your federal Student Aid Report, your student loan request form and institutional records to confirm your eligibility for a student loan. You must meet federal student aid requirements, be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of coursework required for your degree program, attend those classes, and be in good academic standing.

Any change in your level of enrollment, attendance, or academic standing (link to academic standing policy in catalog) after your loan is approved may cause a delay in disbursement of the loan while your record is reviewed and could result in reduced loan eligibility.

In some instances, the loan amount requested may be reduced because federal regulations prohibit colleges from approving, or disbursing, a loan for more than a student is eligible to receive. 

How will I receive my student loan money?
Loans will be temporarily applied to your student bill to cover tuition, fees and books (if applicable), until your funds are actually received from the government. 

When the funds are credited to your account, you will be notified via your official SUNY Jefferson student email account (your email can be accessed through MyJCC ), instructing you to view your account information.   (The refunding of all financial aid will take place according to institutional policy.)   

Loans for the full academic year are issued in two payments.  You will receive half the approved amount in the fall semester, and the remaining half in the spring, provided you meet all eligibility requirements each semester.  

  • Outside resources can affect your eligibility as well as dropping or withdrawing from classes!  Always check with Financial Services prior to making schedule changes.

What else should I do?

  • Monitor your loans at the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
  • Check the MyJCC regularly to respond to any further requests for information or action on your part.
  • Maintain a filing system at home to keep track of your loan documents. You’ll need this information later when it’s time to repay your loan.
  • Notify your lender and Student Records Office of any changes to your name or address, or enrollment status (such as dropping below 6 credit hours), or if you withdraw from college.
  • Complete Exit Counseling at NSLDS when you reduce your enrollment to less than half-time (6 credit hours), or when you graduate or withdraw from SUNY Jefferson.

What if I have more questions about student loans?
Contact us at Enrollment Services, 315 786-2437 or email and we can help you!