- Tuition & Financial Aid Menu
- Tuition & Fees
- Applying for Aid
- Types of Aid
- Aid for Military / Veterans
- Net Price Calculator
- Pay My Bill
- Maintaining Your Aid
- Applications and Forms
- SUNY Smart Track / Money Management Resources
Tuition & Fees - Academic Year 2013/2014
Tuition and fees are due at registration and may be paid by MasterCard, VISA, Discover, Tuition Payment Plan, cash, check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to ‘Jefferson Community College.’ Students are not officially enrolled until all charges have been paid. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
The student's cost of attendance is an estimate of what it might cost to attend Jefferson Community College for 1 year. It includes both direct and indirect expenses. These expenses may vary based on the student's individual circumstances.
The Net Price Calculator is another available tool that will also give you an estimate of what it might cost, direct and indirect, to attend Jefferson Community College. Use these helpful tips when utilizing the Net Price Calculator.
Tuition refunds are based on semester length and withdrawal date.
New York State residents who are residents of the sponsorship area or non-residents of the sponsorship area who present a Certificate of Residence
$3,864 per academic year
New York State residents who are not residents of the sponsorship area and do not present a Certificate of Residence
$5,832 per academic year
Non–New York State residents
$5,832 per academic year
International Students: Click here
All fees are non-refundable.
- Accident Insurance (mandatory for full time students, optional for part time students): $23/year or $14 per spring/summer semester
- International Health (optional): Fees vary, see the Student Insurance page for more information.
Student Service Fees
- Non-Credit Course Fee: variable($10-$250)
- Document/Check Replacement Fee: $5 per copy
- Transcript Fee: $8 per copy
- Health Transcript Fee: $5 per occurrence
- Facsimile Fee (Official Documents): $5 per occurrence
- Processing Fee, Directed Study: $5 per course
- Credit By Examination Fee: $15 per credit hour
- College-Level Examination Program: $20 per exam
- Returned Check Fee: $20 per check
- Parking Fines: variable($10-$100)
- Fitness Center Use Fee: $30 per semester
- Fitness Center Screening Fee: $15 one-time fee
- Technology Fee: $6 per credit hour
- Computer Lab Fee (Community Members): $40 per semester
- Online Learning Network Fee: $12 per credit hour
- Course Lab/Materials Fee: variable($5-$50)
- Military Credit Inventory
- Application/Evaluation Fee: $125
- Credit Inventory Update Fee: $35
- Official Transcript Fee: $6
- Nursing Program Fee: $250 per semester
- *Comprehensive Student Fee: $11 per credit hour
- Comprehensive Student Fee - Summer Session: $2 per credit hour
- Diploma (replacement) Fee: $30
- Identification Card (replacement) Fee: $10
- Alumni Fee (optional): $10 per semester
*Not applicable for extension site courses; (fees included: student resource, health service, commencement, new student services, and identification card)
The Net Price Calculator is intended to give you an estimate of both indirect and direct costs to attend Jefferson Community College.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Thursday, January, 2, 2014
Certificate of Residence
Residents of Jefferson County
Once each academic year, a student is required by law to present a Certificate of Residence indicating that he or she has been a legal resident of New York State for one year and Jefferson County for six months prior to registration. Students admitted to or returning to the College must complete a Certificate of Residence form (PDF).
Other New York State Residents
Students admitted to the College will be emailed a link for the Application for Certificate of Residence with their tuition e-bill notification. This application must be completed and returned to the County Treasurer of the county in which the student resided for the six-month period prior to registration. The County Treasurer will then issue a Certificate of Residence which must be returned to the College. This resident status must be certified each year.
Your Certificate of Residence must be completed and returned before any non-resident tuition charges are removed. If you do not submit the form within the required timeframe, generally 30 days from the start of the semester, you will be responsible for all additional non-resident charges.
Senior Citizen Policy
Citizens 60 years of age or older who wish to audit credit courses on a space available basis may do so tuition-free.
Outstanding Financial Obligations
Unpaid financial obligations will be assigned to an external collection agency. All collection and related legal costs will be added to the amount of indebtedness.