Tracking Pixel

Jefferson Community College Website

Grants (Gift Aid)

Gift aid is any form of financial assistance that does not have to be repaid.

Federal Grants

  • Federal Pell Grant
    Federal Pell Grants are awards to help undergraduates pay for their education after high school. The Federal Pell Grant Program is the largest federal student aid program. These grants provide a "foundation" of financial aid, to which aid from other federal and non-federal sources may be added. Grants do not have to be paid back. Awards will vary and not all students are eligible.  Students are allowed the equivalent of 12 full time semesters of Pell.  Students who enroll part-time will have additional semesters of eligibility.

    Required Application for all: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
    A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is an award to help pay for your education after high school. It is for undergraduates only, and it does not have to be paid back.  These awards will be given to independent students who are determined to have the highest financial need based on information provided from your FAFSA.  The availability of FSEOG funds at the school is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first serve basis.

    Required application:Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

State Grants:

  • Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
    The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is a grant program for New York State residents attending college in New York State.  Undergraduate students are eligible for a maximum of 8 semesters of TAP; up to 6 can be used at a community college.

    TAP awards vary according to your tuition, family NYS net taxable income, level of study, and type of institution. The award, including any NYS scholarship or award, cannot exceed your tuition. TAP requires full-time enrollment.

    Required applications: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)and the Express TAP application (ETA)


Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)

Aid for part-time study (APTS) is a grant available for part-time undergraduate study. Eligibility depends on income. Awards are determined by the Financial Services Office and cannot exceed $1,000. Contact the Financial Services Office for an application and further information.

Required application: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and


Application for Aid for Part-Time Study

Other New York State Scholarships

Other New York State scholarships are available. Please visit for more information.

Military and Veteran Aid

In addition to the traditional forms of financial aid, students who are active duty military, military dependents or veterans may be eligible for additional financial assistance for their educational expenses.  You can find more information on our pages for the Military