Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
What you need to know
April 1, 2020:
- Staff and faculty are working remotely and are available via phone and email. Contact
information is available on our online directory. College offices are closed to foot traffic until further notice.
- Classes, including late session, resume today (March 30) via distance learning and other modalities. Students are encouraged to check Blackboard and email for messages from instructors.
- The computer labs are closed, however the College has laptops available for short-term sign out, to be used to access campus Wi-Fi in exterior spaces in College parking lots. The laptops can be signed out between the hours of 9am and 3pm on Monday-Friday by calling 315-786-2472. Laptop delivery to your vehicle will be in Lot A. Campus security will ensure social distancing. The Wi-Fi perimeter is marked out in Lots A, B, V, D and E.
- Virtual appointments can now be scheduled with enrollment services (admissions, student records and financial
- The College will soon begin working with returning students and seniors to determine
the amount of credits and refunds for housing, meals and fees they won’t be using
for the remainder of this semester.
- The residence hall is open, however only students with extenuating circumstances are
allowed to stay on campus. Dining services will deliver meals to residence hall students.
- The Health & Wellness Center on campus is operated by the North Country Family Health Center and is open its regular hours. Please call (315) 786-1045 for appointments.
Please continue to monitor your College email and www.sunyjefferson.edu for further updates.
The coronavirus pandemic is an evolving issue, and the College will keep our constituents up-to-date as we put appropriate protocols in place to minimize potential risks to students, faculty and staff. We continue to closely monitor and evaluate information and guidance provided by SUNY, along with state and federal agencies, in order to inform our decisions. A College-wide task force is in place to address the challenges and ensure that Jefferson continues to fulfill the educational needs of our students.
Cancellations and Closings:
- Professional Development & Personal Enrichment Workshops: In-person workshops are cancelled through May, however many online training opportunities are available
- Student Activities/ Student Government Events and Activities: Cancelled for remainder of semester
- Athletic Practices and Games: Cancelled for remainder of semester
- Campus Care childcare center is currently closed.
- SUNY Health Alert
- New York State Governor's Office
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- New York State Department of Health
- Jefferson County Department of Health
Samaritan Medical Center Resource Line: (315) 755-3100, 7 days per week, 8:00 a.m.
- 9:00 p.m.
New York State Coronavirus Health Hotline: 1-888-364-3065