If you want to increase your financial awareness and gain a marketable skill, this course is for you. You will learn the double-entry bookkeeping, financial transactions, financial reporting, and more.
In this comprehensive course, you will learn the basics of double-entry bookkeeping, as well as how to analyze and record financial transactions. You will get hands-on experience with handling accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll procedures, sales taxes, and various common banking activities.
Accounting Fundamentals covers all the bases, from writing checks to preparing an income statement and closing out accounts at the end of each fiscal period. Whether you're a sole proprietor looking to manage your business finances or you simply want to gain an understanding of accounting basics for career advancement or for personal use, this course will give you a solid foundation in financial matters.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- A calculator and a printer.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Disclosure: In partnership with Jefferson Community College, this program will be fully delivered by Education To Go (Ed2Go). Ed2Go is headquartered at P.O. Box 760, Temecula, CA 92593. There are no additional costs students are expected to incur as a result of enrolling in the educational program.