Register for Class
Ready to create the schedule that is the best for you – you are ready to register! All students register using the same online system (SOAR) but it works a little differently depending on what type of student you are.
Brand new to Jefferson or haven’t been here in a few semesters
You are taking classes now or you attended Jefferson last semester
You are not looking to be a full time student or you are a student at another college
If you are brand new to Jefferson or it has more than 5 years since you have take a class with us please follow all the steps on the how to apply page and once you have been accepted and completed placement testing (if needed) you are ready to register. The New Student Advising office will give you a password and tell you how to complete a pre-registration survey.
After you have your password, you can click here for Advising and Registration Appointments. Click here for an Online Appointment Scheduler.
If you are a returning student and it has been less than 5 years since you took a credit course at JCC, follow the steps below:
- Apply for Financial Aid, even if you are only taking one or two courses or you do not think you qualify. There are numerous options for financial assistance.
- Review the Programs of Study and make a note of the courses required to complete your desired program. If you know what field you are interested in but not sure what program will help start you in that right direction, or you are unsure what program you want, an advisor in Enrollment Services can help you.
- Preview the class schedule to get a general idea of the classes available to you.
- Call (315) 786-2437 to make an appointment with an Enrollment Services advisor who will provide assistance with your course selection and the registration process. If you live more than 60 miles from campus, we can also schedule a phone or an email appointment.
Please call (315) 786-2437 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
You know what you are doing but here are some easy steps to make sure your schedule and degree completion is on track.
- Meet with your advisor! This is the single most important you can do to help guide your path at Jefferson
- Check the Important Dates to find out when registration begins
- Preview the class schedule to get a general idea of the classes available to you
- Review your mid-term grades (go to myJCC, login, click QuickLinks from the navigation menu at top, then click Mid Term Grades)
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor. If you don’t know who your advisor is, visit myJCC, log-in, click QuickLinks from the navigation menu at top, then click View Student Information/Academic Advisor
- Prepare for your appointment by reviewing the Advising Session Checklist??? PDFFFF
- Obtain your registration PIN from your advisor. This PIN is required for you to register for fall and spring semester classes! You do not need a PIN to register for winter or summer session.
- Register online. Visit myJCC and log-in, then click QuickLinks from the navigation menu at top, then click Register/Drop Classes.
We encourage all students to meet with their faculty advisor but if you need assistance during the winter or summer, please contact your academic division secretary to help you.
Workforce Development & Business Division
Math, Science, Technology & Health Division
Liberal Arts Division
Need a class that you can transfer back to your home college or interested in gaining a new a professional skill or just want to learn something new for fun? Perhaps you just want to see what college is like but cannot commit to a certain degree program? Take a class or two at Jefferson Community College.
Students who are not looking to earn a degree (a.k.a. non-matriculated students) can take classes in our 4- week, 8-week, 15 week, or online formats to suite your needs. If you would like to declare your major or matriculate later you can always do that too.
Our cost per credit hour is one of the lowest compared with many other colleges.
Complete and return the Course Registration form and Payment Authorization form or email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to Jefferson Community College; Enrollment Services; 1220 Coffeen St.; Watertown, NY 13601)
Include all requested information, including the 5- digit CRN of desired courses (search
Completion of our placement exam or prior completion of a college-level English or math course is required to take an English or math course at Jefferson
If applicable, please provide evidence that you have met the prerequisite requirements (unofficial transcript)
If you would like to meet with an academic advisor, please call (315) 786-2437 to schedule an appointment.