Business Leadership Microcredential
Designed to be meaningful, high-quality education programs to verify, validate and attest to specific skill sets and competencies of an individual, microcredential programs differ from degree and certificate programs in that they are generally offered in shorter or more flexible time spans with a narrow focus.
The microcredential in Business Leadership will enable learners to demonstrate competency in various aspects of business that are essential to successful leadership including marketing, management, entrepreneurship, accounting, and communications. This microcredential offers flexibility in course options, allowing students to customize course selection to their individual goals.
Students who complete the Business Leadership microcredential earn nine to ten college credit hours that may later be transferred to one of Jefferson's certificate or degree programs. Business Leadership course requirements are a perfect fit for JCC's Business Administration AAS and Applied Business Studies AOS degree programs.
When you complete the Business Leadership microcredential, you will be able to:
- Evaluate consumer markets and the major factors that influence consumer buying behavior. (Blooms VI-Evaluation)
- Define and apply the different management and motivational theories
- Develop an effective business concept and model. (Blooms III, Applying)
- Apply accounting principles utilizing the accounting cycle in a double-entry accounting system for organizations and in recording transactions to special journals and subsidiary ledgers.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, revise and improve written and oral communication.
Contact Enrollment Services for Application and Admissions Information
(315) 786-2437, fax (315) 786-2349 or toll free (888) 435-6522
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday
|Microcredential Requirements (9-10 Credit Hours):||Credit Hours|
|Mandatory course: BUS 112, Intro to Business||3|
|Courses 2 & 3: Students must choose and complete 2 from the following four options.|
|BUS 232, Marketing||3|
|BUS 150, Intro to Entrepreneurship||3|
|ACC 101, Accounting Principles||4|
|STA 151, Public Speaking||3|